Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it just me or are ssv commodores quick as a standard car?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vz 6.0 lighter car same size engine

Agree all depends what you normally drive...had a modded m6 vy ss ute ute as a daily driver that to me felt slow because I had faster weekender (lc gtr)

Best was driving slow work utes all week then jump into something really quick for a scare on weekend.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
vz 6.0 lighter car same size engine

Agree all depends what you normally drive...had a modded m6 vy ss ute ute as a daily driver that to me felt slow because I had faster weekender (lc gtr)

Best was driving slow work utes all week then jump into something really quick for a scare on weekend.
Alot of the time I take my car off the road for 3months when doing upgrades. Sometimes I second guess myself when back in it 'This feels fast, or have I just forgotten how it goes over 3 months?'

Mick Boon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Alot of the time I take my car off the road for 3months when doing upgrades. Sometimes I second guess myself when back in it 'This feels fast, or have I just forgotten how it goes over 3 months?'

Mick Boon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
I find it disappointing that both aussie car makers finally got their products to the point where they are capable of competing easily with the euro stuff on a performance basis (and being more reliable) only to stop making them. Ludicrous in my opinion

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Do an otr intake, extractors, hi flow cats 2.5 or 3 inch cat back exhaust and tune and they really come to life having said that a turbo or supercharger with all the supporting mods would be ultimate

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Guess where this thread is headed?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Just saying, my modified H-D has smashed a lightly modded VE HSV, which is faster than an SSV (stock). So I think your perception of Harley is wrong.
Apart from that, Yes a stock SSV is a good car and quite quick striaght of the floor. :)
My 400cc enduro could keep up with SS's under 130kph. My mates Harley would leave me for dead at all speeds.

Mick Boon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Way off subject is my guess. I still think these cars are weapons and perform very well for what they are. Great bang for buck and I'm impressed with the thing. Still got a soft for the blue oval though........

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Do an otr intake, extractors, hi flow cats 2.5 or 3 inch cat back exhaust and tune and they really come to life having said that a turbo or supercharger with all the supporting mods would be ultimate
with these mods yes the car comes to life like chalk and cheese. Remember though once you start modding it becomes additive