Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Is it just me or is this a bargain?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
hmm true it seem like no warranty at all. From what you say it seems like the warranty is from the parts manufacturer themselves not Pavtech. For example a new oil pump failure. But then whod cover your destroyed motor from no oil pressure?

Really i would say they should cover any faults in the machining/building related. I.E. bearing failure due to improper cleanrances or the like.

I wonder if the engines are tested before sale. Do they cover startup failures?

As the saying goes the warranty isnt worth the paper its written on

EDIT: Lol your username is rather apt :p

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
If you had a look at the site the only parts they don't touch are the conrods, so everything else should be covered.....they dyno every engine... I don't know why I'm defending them so much but we're talking about Pavtek not Procomp.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
soz: independant observer here.

you were saying "is this or is this not a bargain" and one of your major points was the warranty

others have stated that there are HUGE holes in their warranties and that the engine is priced about average. so no need to defend. you get what you pay for. this engine will be better than a procomp equivalent, but still no one is perfect.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
If you had a look at the site the only parts they don't touch are the conrods, so everything else should be covered.....they dyno every engine... I don't know why I'm defending them so much but we're talking about Pavtek not Procomp.

If you want to defend them, ring them (or email) and see exactly what ISN'T covered under warranty. Then get back to us....