Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Is it just me or is this a bargain?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You could probably get it done for around the same price. A 304/308 - 355 stroker kit is only $2k from Pro-stroke, its labour that will be the deciding factor.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
So it is just me then?
Surely the warranty is pretty rare? If you bought the bits and farmed out the labour wouldn't you have no come back if it went bang?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I cant see anything on the warranty? what is it? It would be very limited i'd say as to what they cover

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Same here, where is this warranty business. And if there is a warranty there will be conditions like, has to be installed by them, and serviced by them, stuff like that.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
The warranty is 20,000K's or 12 months and the only limitation is on parts failure not related to their work, ie parts not supplied by them. (I couldn't find the info on the website either so I phoned them to ask) as far as installation and servicing goes, it's a crate engine, they don't expect to install it for you and as the dude I spoke to said "Who spends this kind of money on an engine and then skimps on an oil change?"
It'd be pretty obvious if you cooked it I reckon, but again If you bought one wouldn't you treat it like gold?