Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it just me or?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey Guys,

Is it just me or does it seem like every day there is more and more people wanting to speed? I swear to me the number keeps increasing and a lot of them are full open license drivers. Sure I agree that each state government needs to have the Speed limit increased along major hwys etc, but some people find it hard to sit on 80ks in a dual lane high way for about 1.5ks. It always seems everyone is racing to be out in front... Its just stupid and a waste of fuel. In the end you normally always catch up with them at the next set of traffic lights, end of the street or round a about.

Opinions are welcome on this subject.

Mumbo

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
find another way home pizza boy

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
You would have loved our roads >30 years ago, I did. There's a lot more people around now. A burnout wasn't anything serious and were done in front of police for eg on New Years Eve without consequence.. People could do things without ####ing off too many other people. Now anything you do ####es off a bunch of people. Might have to follow Soop to Tassie!

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
i agree with ya mate honestly i do speed quite abit but i do so because i am SO SO FED up with people not learning what the right hand lane is for ( over taking for the people who need it pointed out ) i think honestly nearly everything on the roads boils down to frustration . but yea every one wants to get ahead and thats why i think its because people are sick of being stuck behined people or non flowing traffic i know i am

but yea not like its harming no one , unless u cause accidents then thats another story

AND YES SPEED LIMITS NEED TO BE RAISED .

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
i agree with ya mate honestly i do speed quite abit but i do so because i am SO SO FED up with people not learning what the right hand lane is for ( over taking for the people who need it pointed out ) i think honestly nearly everything on the roads boils down to frustration . but yea every one wants to get ahead and thats why i think its because people are sick of being stuck behined people or non flowing traffic i know i am

but yea not like its harming no one , unless u cause accidents then thats another story

AND YES SPEED LIMITS NEED TO BE RAISED .

Not sure if you're replying to me but if you are.. I don't speed, haven't had a traffic offense since 1984. I will happily fall back in the left lane to let angry people as far away from me as possible. If you get frustrated on the road and let it get to you, you probably shouldn't drive. Not everyone should cook.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I earn a bit more then a pizza boy Jecs, Don't think a pizza boy could earn $419 in 15 and a half hours (over 2 days). I can understand people wanting to speed to get in front of idiots who want to sit 20k's under the limit, but these people are flying past doing an easy 20 - 30k's over the limit. Always happens when the cops aren't around. Not as many people around back then, made all the rules so much more relaxed and enjoyable.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Goosfraba folks..... gooooooosfraaaaaba.

People get so damn angry these days over the most trivial and pointless of issues. Save that anger and aggression for something that really matters, not some knob driving in a manner you dont approve of. Seriously, how much time do you really think you are going to save by speeding? I'd rather keep my cash in my wallet (fines) and my conscience clear (if I kill someone by speeding). Ok, I'm no preacher.... I dont sit on 79 in an 80 zone, but seriously.... getting all hot and bothered over some nuffy not doing right by you on the road just isnt worth it. One day you'll #### up and lose your temper, causing something to happen that you'll regret. Just chill.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
who cares if they want to speed just do like i do concentrate on your own driving and dont worry about who gets to the next set of lights first, its just not worth stressing about.

Last edited:

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
nah i dont go ape #### or flying past people im just saying i move past the people that #### me and 20-40 k over the limit is a bit excessive to get ahead i just meant getting by but not at the rate u can lose your license at