Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it just me or...

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Oh yeah and ppl when the merge onto the freeway they leave right to then of the merging lane to cut in when they couldve done it 100mts before. So now everyone has to brake to let them in because they thought they were gonna get pole position.

Save it for Race Day W**KER!!

Sorry ill leave now im just getting peeved off with the thought of all the idiots out there!! Iknow imn no angel either but i do have common sence.

Cheers

5Litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series III ute 5.0M and VL Berlina Turbo Wagon
Oh yeah and ppl when the merge onto the freeway they leave right to then of the merging lane to cut in when they couldve done it 100mts before. So now everyone has to brake to let them in because they thought they were gonna get pole position.

Thats the bit I couldn't manage to put into words. Would love to dig a big f**ker hole at the end of the on ramp, so all these tossers who don't manage to merge just fall in the hole and die and I can get home from work in 25mins instead of over an hour!!!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Roundabouts!!! Is it still give right of way or Give way to first at (not on) the roundabout??

ive always been told that at a roundabout you give way to traffic to your right (as you would in any situation).

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Perth Driving skills

Every day I drive about 25Km's each way on the freeway here in Perth. I know what lane I need to be in where and every day I see the same people desperately trying to get across the lanes to get to their exit, like it must have moved from the day before or something.
No one knows how to merge they leave that to the last minute too so we all have to stop while they sort out who gets to go first because they all just try to keep their lane going as long as they can and then just end up stopped 3 cars wide in one lane! Maybe they're all on drugs as even though they know the lane ends and they got stuck there yesterday and the day before the dumb buggers still drive in that lane like maybe its longer today.
It's really too hard to put their crap driving in to words!!!

We who think sensibly about driving (doesn't mean we always drive sensibly)appear to be in the minority here in Perth. I put up with this every day also. Don't forget when four lanes become three, the merging lanes stop and the other two lanes stop in sympathy. Perth drivers don't trust Perth drivers not to do something stupid.

Roundabouts: Officially (in WA) you must give way to vehicles on the roundabout. Unofficially (to save crashing at a higher than posted speed limit trying to beat another car onto the roundabout) give way to your right.
The Police often give this advice to save them cleaning up the mess and it is just the safer thing to do.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
All I can say is, the idiots and roundabout situation could be worse. We could have to deal with one of these babies....I'd like to see this one taken at 100kms an hour.

The 'magic roundabout' in Swindon, Wiltshire, England.
Traffic flow around the larger, inner roundabout is actually anti-clockwise, whereas traffic flows in the usual clockwise manner around the five mini-roundabouts and the outer loop.

Attachments

• magicroundabout.jpg
    magicroundabout.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Swindon_Magic_Roundabout_eng.png
    Swindon_Magic_Roundabout_eng.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 115

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'd pay good money to see that done at 100km/h, it's probably on youtube allready

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
give me a morris mini, a clear path and some slicks, your on!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
All I can say is, the idiots and roundabout situation could be worse. We could have to deal with one of these babies....I'd like to see this one taken at 100kms an hour.

The 'magic roundabout' in Swindon, Wiltshire, England.

Holy Crap! People have enough troubles using normal roundabouts, let alone that monstrosity!

I betcha that was the work of some town planner somewhere for an experiment (or a joke). "I know lets build one of these!" :bang:

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
That round about reminds me of the simpsons episode when they go to London and get caught on the round about and keep going round and round and round and round and round...

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
or the one near big ben/westminster abbey same gab in national lampoon europian vacation we came across a few of these in merry ol england when we were over there in march there actually pretty organised and traffic cop dictated during busy hours