Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is It to Early

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
Is it to early to say a VR can be a shed find?

I have been looking for a project car and come across a VR Berlina 5ltr? Hasn't moved for 10 years. Everything I saw today supports what the owner was saying.

Was parked with a weeping rear mail and hasn't moved. Comes with all books and the guy who has it now is the second owner.
11u7GQi.jpg

SQqmuq8.jpg

nzkD1CP.jpg

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I would say a ‘shed find’. Particularly if it is original, and you want to keep it that way.
I had one of the first built 5litre VN Calais, fitted with FE2 and a big tank. It was a very comfortable and quick car for long distances, and I would reckon a Berlina would not be far behind it.
I did nearly 250Km before deciding that the leaking rear main was the last straw in a long line of minor mechanical problems. Not whinging, just saying. Would I like another one ? You bet. Some cars are remembered, others are memorable.

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
It's going to take some work to get it going again after 10 years!! Not started not turned over.lol

She's very original with the standard cast manifolds.. The rocker covers were not the original colour but that's an easy fix. Think I will sleep on it prior to committing to purchase.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Would want to be real cheap given it hasn't moved in 10 years. Can bank on just about everything needing to be given the once over.

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
100%.. it's an engine out (rear mail), brakes, fuel system, all cooling systems including heater core.. Sounds like an easy job when you type it.
Tyres would be stuffed... they are dated 2005.. Would make good smoke lol

The big question is what would be a fair price?

Would want to be real cheap given it hasn't moved in 10 years. Can bank on just about everything needing to be given the once over.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
3-5k would be reasonable if its body is spot on.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
You have to remember that these vehicles are just about non-existant now, and with rarity and good (repairable) condition goes $$$$$.
Think about some of the crap heap Monaros that are bringing asking prices around $50K now. 10 years ago they were only good for parts. Now they are 'barn find' shells 'ready for restoration'. Jeez, I sold my original condition HQ LS 253 for $19K in 2010, now $ ???

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
If you are hesitating then it's probably best you don't buy it, just let me know who has it for sale and I'll give you a spotters fee ! LOL ;)

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
Well the )mates trailer is hooked up and ready to go!! picking it up this afternoon. This one for me is a keeper!!!! will get it home and give it a good clean get it running and start making a list of what's to be done.. lol