Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it worth doing... ?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Nah I wouldn't listen to experts with trained ears either, what would they know?
The professionals (retailers) are biased and the SQ competitors love their bandwagon brands. I've been there long enough to watch the brand trends change :)

[edit]
By the way, I'm in no way against your recommendations. Hertz, Focal and Morel are excellent speakers, I just get sick of seeing them always recommended. I followed their bandwagon push on Morel years ago and they just didn't cut it for my music taste and volumes. I ended up going through Dynaudio as recommended on there too and ended up with top end Boston which they all (SQ guys) didn't have a great opinion of. That was several thousand dollars psent trying to find speakers I liked because I trusted other's ears.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It's not getting through, is it :p I've been on there for over 10 years and have seen how it all works. You'll see too eventually :)

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
It's not getting through, is it :p I've been on there for over 10 years and have seen how it all works. You'll see too eventually :)

Perhaps my generalizations have been slightly incorrect, but you said it yourself, in this price range they may not be up to par with other brands. I also said that he should go listen to some different brands before he goes and buys a big brand item, nothing wrong with that? Add me over on MEA, username is the same, still looking to broaden my knowledge with help from the more knowledgeable :beer chug:

Edit: Sorry I didn't see your edit before my next post :hmmm:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
dan ive now upgraded my system as u know and have the Hertz HSK 165's and HCX 690's (not that ud really need these with a sub) but pop on over if u wanna have a listen. they r definatly much better than the pioneers i had in there and r fairly cheap 2.

calaiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Are you planning on streaming the audio through Bluetooth? Every time I've tried that it hasn't been acceptable quality I reckon. I always go thru the ipod dock connector now

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Might take u up on that at some stage dude!

gotstumped

i really did get stumped
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
if you're gonna go an amp and sub later, might be worth laying the cable while you're doing the HU so that you don't have to pull the dash apart again later... or connect the wiring at the HU end and leave it coiled up in the dash or under a seat or something

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
if you're gonna go an amp and sub later, might be worth laying the cable while you're doing the HU so that you don't have to pull the dash apart again later... or connect the wiring at the HU end and leave it coiled up in the dash or under a seat or something

I agree, although the only cables you'll need the dash out for in relation to the amplifier are the RCAs and the remote wire.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Yeah thought about doing that also.
Would save a lot of hassle down the track of pulling the dash apart. Would be simple connect the wires and run new wiring from speakers to amp and whalla!