Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Is it worth it? If so where to go?

LeClub81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Clubsport 96 series 2
HI guys this is my first post :) so forgive me for any wrong doing...

OK so this is my question
I have a VS Clubsport auto and have the following mods done to it
Twin 2.5 free flowing exhuast with hi flow cats
Genie extractors
70mm Throttle body and
Mace CAI
Would it be worth spending x amount of money on a tune or not? Its just hit 150.000 km's so its still healthy.....And what gains approx should i expect? Also im in melbourne west
Thanks guys. Appreciate it

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
You could go for a custom tune on the dyno for about $500 to $1000 depending on where you go OR get a chip for your combo from ebay for much less, but you don't know how good it will be...although...
you can't really go wrong with a Greenfoam chip, should give you a few KW and better economy, cost should be around $100. Search for "nicefrog" on ebay, he hasn't been on these forums for a while now.
If you drop in a cam then the answer is definitely yes and I'd still go with a greenfoam chip.
Perhaps someone with a similar combo and a foamy chip can give their opinion.
(I've got a similar combo but I'm running it on propane injection with the foamy chip to suit in a VP, I couldn't be happier but that don't help you much.)
I'm sure other members will back up the foaming one's rep with chips and heaps more. His cam guide is excellent and probly something you should read straight away.http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/v8-development-modification/126529-stock-304-guide-choosing-camshaft.html

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Hey mate,

I have / had a VT SS, with the HSV headers, CAI, 70mm TB, etc, etc... The thing went alright, but after getting in touch with Greenfoam and a bit of banter back and forwards the car now goes much better thanks to one of his tunes. The tune improved fuel economy, gave it a gain accorss the board in terms of torque and shifts much cleaner. For $100 you cant go wrong really.

If you do go this route, I'd recommend replaciing the o2 sensors; as this can have an effect on how well the tune performs.