Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it worth it?

Ls2_307

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0
what do you guys reckon for a first car, i saw this in auto trader mag today....

91 VN COMMODORE V6, Group A SS kit, 5 spd man, 17" rims, Kenwood stereo, new paint, lowered, 2.5" exh, excellent condition. $5,000

do you reckon it is worth $5000 ??

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
Seems bit pricey ...

unless hes got reciepts for engine,suspension work etc ....

If you go to check out the car when you go for test drive park the car on a upward hill so engine oil sits at back of engine and leave it running,get out and look where the engine and gearbox meets and look for oil dripping.

but as i said unless theres recent reciepts showing work done or repairs etc..

Also to check if engines stuffed after driving car for few minutes park car with engine running open bonnet and open the oil cap on engine and look for any smoke coming out... thats another sign engines stuffed.

Until you see the car yourself and test drive it and look for oil leaks especially if rear main seals stuffed etc but in my opinion seems bit pricey...

For $5000 you could get a vp in excellent condition...

cbb01

Reaction score
Members Ride
SUPERCHARGED VP COMMODORE
i agree probably a bit high unless it is immaculate with 175000k's on the clock and books...

i have seen quite a few VP + around for this price with body kit and wheels

but in the end if you have the money and you look at the car and check it out properly and you want it start low and work your way up to an agreeable price.

Start at $4000 and stop at $4500 maybe...

And never pay what is advertised price

10% less is a good discount off price.

Let us know how you go

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
i got my car vn series one
5sp manual, full 2.5" exhaust and extractors, 17's, 178000k's, clubsport body kit, fe2 suspention, all round pioneer speakers and new jvc deck for $4200,
just to compare to, if it's in really good nick with low k's and the clutch feels good i'd probably do what has been suggested and start with 4000 and work up from there

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Considering what its got its not too overpriced... Manuals are worth more plus its a 91 model with new paint and stereo, rims etc.

The group a kits are pricey too if its a good one, well fitted and painted. If its low km's then $4,500 is worth it I reckon :thumbsup: