Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is it worth putting camber kit into vr?

Is it worth the money for what it does?

• Yay

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vrcalais5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais 5ltr
I've heard allot of bad news about the camber kits yet I've heard a couple good to.
the nays i hear are from suspension places and tyre places. they say it just stuffs the pushes in the arse end and doesn't make a good enough difference for the money spent?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
if its stupidly low, its gonna **** ur CV's, bushes, IRS cradle, and tyres regardless of camber kit, but yes a camber kit does help and ur tyres will last longer, and most importantly u will have maximum contact of rubber to bituman. the way i see it, its either$300 spent once on a camber kit, or $500 every 6-12 months on tyres..

they are only roughly $150 depending where u get it from, and not hard to install yourself, or prolly another $150 to get installed from somewhere.

have you spoken to a professional suspension joint at all?

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
What ephect said... Yes, it's worth it. Unless you're selling the car in the next 10-14 days.

vrcalais5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais 5ltr
ive asked 2 tyre places and 2 suspension places they both said nay. but everyone with em in there cars said they are good. thats why i put a poll up. it isnt that low anymore i got it raised today tyre just sits about inline with the guards now maybe a touch lower so guard just sits over the top of the wheels. gotta wait for springs to settle.

vrcalais5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais 5ltr
the reason why it was sitting to low was the half-wit that used to own cut the irs springs in the back in half SO STUPID DONT EVER ANY ONE DO IT if. so dam dangerous one of them was about 10 bumps from falling out.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
sounds like ur running superlows now which is a good height for looks and u wont be scraping everywhere. go 4 point kit it'll give u the most amount of adjustment to ensure perfect alignment.

Fred 96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
Flat mate said i should get a 4-point kit for my clubbie, he works for a tyre outlet over here in NZ.
So im looking into it.
My question for everyone about this subject is, Whats the best one to get for a VS Clubsport?