Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it worth upgrading from an SV6 to a SS?

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Low speed torque is all the fg turbo end of story,my vf wagon has full exhaust,diff gears tune etc and still doesnt feel as quick as my old stock g6et felt on the street,g6et ran 13.1 stock,wagon ran 12.9 with mods,on the street the turbo would smoke my wagon 10 out of 10 times.
By the time the vf v8 winds up you have already lost your license,boost is basically all in by 2500-3000rpm in an fg,game over.
Ive owned both and the turbo wins hands down in traffic light duels.
Why did i buy my vf then? Because i really like it,if id have wanted a super fast car without paying 65g id have just got another fg turbo.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Turbo Falcon does power, power-delivery & automatic gearbox.
V8 VF (pref VF2) does absolutely everything else.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I mainly wanted one of the last of an Aussie build which would be a keeper and hence one that down the track reflected a 2016/7 build...not one with a 5 yr old interior...therefore Commodore hands down over the Falcon.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
A 5 year old ford interior that is miles ahead of holden in the comfort stakes where it actually counts,the vf interior looks great,well known fact the seats are uncomfortable and hard as a rock,goes to show that looks arent everything.
Ive owned both and the falcon is so much more comfortable,in saying that the turbo 6 gets boring quickly imo.
From the time that ive owned my wagon ive found out bang for buck from the naturally aspirated ls motor is pretty sad tbh,once you do basic mods tune,otr,exhaust etc,gains after that become expensive for little gain and the cars streetablility is compromised .
The 6.2 motor is prone to knocks and many other problems,moreso than the 6.0.
Thats a direct comparison from someone who just stepped out of an fg turbo not long ago

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
A 5 year old ford interior that is miles ahead of holden in the comfort stakes where it actually counts,the vf interior looks great,well known fact the seats are uncomfortable and hard as a rock,goes to show that looks arent everything.
Ive owned both and the falcon is so much more comfortable,in saying that the turbo 6 gets boring quickly imo.
From the time that ive owned my wagon ive found out bang for buck from the naturally aspirated ls motor is pretty sad tbh,once you do basic mods tune,otr,exhaust etc,gains after that become expensive for little gain and the cars streetablility is compromised .
Thats a direct comparison from someone who just stepped out of an fg turbo not long ago
Haha...whatever. Most complaints I hear about the Falcon is that drivers can’t find a comfortable driving position...you’re obviously one of the few exceptions. VF2 cabin is way more than looks..nothing wrong with the seats either as I’ve done enough long distance driving in it to have no complaints, soreness etc etc after hours of driving.

Always preferred the LS3 to a turbo hairdryer too...but each to their own...

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thx for input, why does the turbo get boring quick? Vf seats are pretty comfortable imo.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yes, the sv6 is a nice drive and the evoke is ok too but the ss/v handles nice and sounds good.
i have had all 3 and the ss/v is the best out of them all imo.

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
yes, the sv6 is a nice drive and the evoke is ok too but the ss/v handles nice and sounds good.
i have had all 3 and the ss/v is the best out of them all imo.

And the most expensive. If the ssv wasn't double the price it would be an easier choice haha.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Lol, having never driven a turbo Falcon or does the ecoboost count, can’t comment on the performance. Can comment on comfort though having driven numerous fleet falcons for extended periods of time, including XR6. I could never get comfortable in them, Redline seats to me are comfortable, I can get a comfortable position and imo have it all over Falcon, but each to their own, some people at work loved them.