Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is My BCM Broken?

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
Is My BCM Broken?

The drivers electric window will not go up or down. I have applied power directly to the window motor wires and the window will go up and down. I have purchased a new console electric switch. I have replaced the relay under the steering wheel. Fuses are OK. I replaced the wires from the window motor to the body connection plug. I do hear a relay type clicking coming from the BCM when you attempt to use window switch.
Im not sure how much it is to buy new. i always prefer new parts. I own a VT 98 Berlina. it has the LUX or HIGH level of BCM. If someone has had this problem before or if this sounds familiar let me know.

Cheers

Last edited:

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
The fuses might be okay, but what about the relay? Tried swapping the electric window relay for another one?

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
swapped relays. no luck. drivers window still doesn't work.

sandbar1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s/c spak
Is My BCM Broken?

The drivers electric window will not go up or down. I have applied power directly to the window motor wires and the window will go up and down. I have purchased a new console electric switch. I have replaced the relay under the steering wheel. Fuses are OK. I replaced the wires from the window motor to the body connection plug. I do hear a relay type clicking coming from the BCM when you attempt to use window switch.
Im not sure how much it is to buy new. i always prefer new parts. I own a VT 98 Berlina. it has the LUX or HIGH level of BCM. If someone has had this problem before or if this sounds familiar let me know.

Cheers

mate, got the same problem, just as you descrbed it........sometimes it works?? most times it dont.

hope we find an answer here.

davo.....

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
i think its a dodgy relay in the bcm

sandbar1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s/c spak
i think its a dodgy relay in the bcm

inclinned to agree, its the one that gets used all the time....

changing the BCM should fix it??, (if its good) or the other thing is to change the current relay to a solid state one.

not an easy job, but one that will last....

dzvo.....