Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is my car running lean? (No AFR table)

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Howdy,

Just washed my car 3 weeks (yes, bad I know) and about 1500ks after getting my full exhaust, OTR and tune, and noticed absolutely no carbon on the tips at all. Their is no white stuff on them either, which I've read can indicate the car is running lean, no codes are being thrown either.

Possibly worth noting, I think I've developed an exhaust leak, as their is a strange ticking/pattering noise coming predominantely from the drivers side nearish to the flange where there headers meet the cat pipe (again, no carbon). Video below:

Possible exhaust leak?

http://vid1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag231/Christov_Radevic/Video 1_zpsmxtcgsd4.mp4

Let me know your thoughts, am taking car to shop that did the work tomorrow for them to check out, but would like some input prior to.

Cheers!

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Just get the AFRs checked. Problem solved. Most good tuners will check them for no/minimal cost.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just get the AFRs checked. Problem solved. Most good tuners will check them for no/minimal cost.

Thanks, that is happening tomorrow. Did you get a chance to listen to that strange noise?

I'm hoping it's not lifters.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hello,

For any of those who watched the video - that noise was coming from a pinhole where the 4 primaries merge into the collector. The RHS header is getting replaced under warranty by the guys.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Hello,

For any of those who watched the video - that noise was coming from a pinhole where the 4 primaries merge into the collector. The RHS header is getting replaced under warranty by the guys.

Glad it is sorted. And the AFRs?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep all good, still opportunity to lean out further if I wanted - which I don't. Pulled a nice flatish line.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What was the actual AFR at WOT?