Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is My Vn Up Sh*t Creek?

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
i would say it's a miss and your coil pack(s) has **** it self, try one off a mates vn/vp/vr/vs/vt/vx/vy direct bolt on and se if it helps, other wise fuel damper as mentioned above,
then worse comes to worse and youve shattered a piston or takin out a pushrod or a rocker or somthing simular. what you describe sounds like a bad miss, like when you put your leads on the wrong way around

is this knocking sound constant or irregula with revs
cheers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
possibly take ofthe rocker covers and see if all the valves are lifting, check for broken spings etc

GrubSport

I just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the fuel pump. Does the fuel pump sound normal when you turn the key to 'start'? From memory it was $200 to fix.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Check your coilpack mate... I replaced VP_Lukes the other week to fix a mixfire, & i replaced Smokey_DJ's the other day when i was driving with him and it almost fukn died totally, was running on 4cylenders......

Cheers
MaT

P.S- Your VN isn't up shitcreek unless it's thrown a rod out the side of the block eg: like mine, just on startup.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
yeh thanx heaps guy turns out one of the new gm spark plugs was rooted and i was running a v5 haha.. i put the old one back in and it seems to run fine now.. im surprised cause everyone that looked at it ruled out that it ws the leads and plugs due to the fact that they were just done.. but yer a series 2 coil pack is in order.. the knocking im guessing is because theres a lot of slop in the engine so the vibration just made noise

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well there you go, nothing too serious in the end. it sounded like your werent firing on all cylinders from what you were saying. the knock was a throw off though, god know what was causing that.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
You're missing the obvious thing here...if the O2 sensor has died, unplugging it isn't going to solve anything...you need to replace that. Start there and see how it goes. There's a chance that it's just running MEGA rich (ie. on the verge of flooding).

Start with what you KNOW is busted, then go for the next step.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
i think the knock is one of the pulleys, sounds like harmonic balancer but its in like new condition