Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Well at some point holden have to make a call on how many they expect to sell so they order them correct amount of engines trans missions etc.

At some stage some will runout maybe manuals, hard to get a XR8 manual as they only ordered so many gearboxes

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
If that is the case, and word is movement for the last has started, that is several months less than expected!! I know dealers are having a Holden day in September where they originally thought they would hear about 2017 model. If redline are following SV6 then that is way off the original thought. And then where do these expected packs fit in? Or even things like updated seats etc? I hope it is not happening this early.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
It's not happening early for the SS. They've got them in the US spec Chevy for the first time and the yanks are going all silly over a 6 spd manual rear wheel drive V8 sedan (none available in the Fiat Chrysler offerings). They'll have plenty.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
They're dropping manual gearboxes for 6cyl cars 'cos they're not selling many. They're selling plenty of manual V8's, and the SS powertrain is the same as the SSV powertrain is the same as the Redline powertrain.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
They still list manual for SV6 Black at "Latest Offer" $38,990 - auto is listed at $43,603, if there's no supply of manuals, that's false advertising. I could understand if they are just not building enough of them, that at some point they would drop the slow moving model, they should at least update their advertising if that's the case. Historically slow moving models do get dropped like manual wagons, V8 Berlinas etc. Ford did the same with Falcon, dropping Fairlane and Falcon wagon years ago now, and of course there was no XR8 model for years as well.

Edit - just thinking about this, I did see an blue SV6 manual in stock at a dealer in southern highlands about a month ago, it was a VFII can't say the build date, it had I think $32990 on the window.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Dealer I was talking to said they received a email that SV6 manuals were being discontinued. So he related that to mean redlined would follow. I am not sure that will be right. I am now thinking he is trying to get some cars moving even though he knows I am waiting for 2017 manual redline.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Dealer I was talking to said they received a email that SV6 manuals were being discontinued. So he related that to mean redlined would follow. I am not sure that will be right. I am now thinking he is trying to get some cars moving even though he knows I am waiting for 2017 manual redline.

I think it's a bluff to drum up sales. Hopefully I'm not wrong, and the V8's both auto and manual will continue until end of production in about 15 months time. I'm pretty sure I would eventually get a VF SS, but at $50K I doubt it will be a new one. A good low km one some years down the track would be more likely than a new one for me (my VE SS I bought with 59,000Km, and at the time about 5.5 years old, I think was great value), so hopefully if SS's continue full steam ahead until about October '17 there would be at least 2 years production of VFII to choose from both manual and auto. If they did call end of manual production early, it would be a bit better resale value for those who have a VFII manual.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
redvxr8clubby, the claim is that manual SV6's won't be in the 2017 model-year range.

galaga2304, their logic is just broken. Equating dropping of 6cyl manual models (which could be the way they're meeting upcoming emissions rules by the way) to the dropping of Redline manuals just doesn't make sense. I reckon that, as iit seems you already know in your gut, they're trying to scam you into buying a 2016. And hey, if you get ... say $10k+ off, and get the colour you want, it may be worth it. But the discount would have to be massive; and if you don't care so much about the colour, why not wait 'til the 2017 is released & buy any now-superceded manual 2016 Redline at that time?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
They're finishing up SV6 manual because they don't sell. All the other models will continue to be built. this is the last month of MY16 orders (September build).

Stock is very tight at present, particularly on SV6 Black edition sedans. Most dealers are essentially sold out until late August. There was a big scramble at the end of last month to get cars for sold orders and Holden had to extend the delivery time for orders taken in the 4 Day Sale to cars built in July as well and even then it was a struggle to get a car for a customer.

They've taken some big Avis, Thrifty and Hertz orders for the next few months which leave retail stocks very tight for MY16 runout. One of the rental companies is even taking Redline Sedans as their full size Prestige car.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Being a Holden fan, and always saying I want the last one, I am prepared to pay for it. Even though I believe there will be no discounts, and 2016 will have some awesome deals, I have never bought brand new and want this to be my first and last brand new. So I am just hoping it works out good for me. And for everyone that is thinking same as me.