Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I would like a 2017 Redline but I won't pay silly money for it. Otherwise I might get a '16 build early next year.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
They're finishing up SV6 manual because they don't sell. All the other models will continue to be built. this is the last month of MY16 orders (September build).

Stock is very tight at present, particularly on SV6 Black edition sedans. Most dealers are essentially sold out until late August. There was a big scramble at the end of last month to get cars for sold orders and Holden had to extend the delivery time for orders taken in the 4 Day Sale to cars built in July as well and even then it was a struggle to get a car for a customer.

They've taken some big Avis, Thrifty and Hertz orders for the next few months which leave retail stocks very tight for MY16 runout. One of the rental companies is even taking Redline Sedans as their full size Prestige car.

What is the last day in July to get your order in for MY16?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Hold your nerve Galaga if you want the last one... and befriend a master dealer who can honestly work with you when they know the final stock scenario. I'd groom one now and setup a plan to snag the final run.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Yeah that's what I want to do. Thought I had a good dealer. But now he pushing a little. Might just pushback and tell him I want to buy from him but if he not helping then I will go elsewhere. I picked this dealer cause here in Sydney, most dealers I don't like and they not interested in helping too much. The one I picked is a smaller dealer out of Sydney a little. More like a country dealership. I just don't want to wait too long then find out I miss out or can't afford cause if stupid pricing! And I would hate to buy now then miss some awesome last car!! Haha.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Yeah that's what I want to do. Thought I had a good dealer. But now he pushing a little. Might just pushback and tell him I want to buy from him but if he not helping then I will go elsewhere. I picked this dealer cause here in Sydney, most dealers I don't like and they not interested in helping too much. The one I picked is a smaller dealer out of Sydney a little. More like a country dealership. I just don't want to wait too long then find out I miss out or can't afford cause if stupid pricing! And I would hate to buy now then miss some awesome last car!! Haha.

Country dealers can be good

Mate is getting at oct build XR8 manual, they close 7th Oct

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hey galaga2304, where are you (and does it matter where the dealer is)?
I'm asking because, compared to any other Holden dealer experience I've had before, Camden Valley Holden at Narellan strike me as a mob who'll do stuff for the customer.
Others on here have said similar things.
Plus they seem to turn a few cars over.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Doesn't matter to me where dealer is. I am south west Sydney so will go check out Camden valley Holden. I have been chatting to a dealer north west Sydney. Someone mentioned pennant hills too. I just don't like the attitude of some dealers because I am not in the car scene anymore and they know these cars will sell so they are not that helpful cause they know I am waiting. North west was so far the only dealer willing to help me but is now starting to push. I would also be happy travelling so will start to investigate some country towns too. I have family in Wagga too.
I am sure I am not the only one thinking like this.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I had good service from Suttons roseberry (I bought from them) and also Cessnock (very helpful) if you haven't already checked them out could be worth a chat to them.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Chess for all the help guys. I really want my first and last brand new to be a good experience. and I have always said for last few years I want last year model. If only we knew what is coming.