Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
If they are building to order, this tells me that the MY17 will have some changes and Holden won't want old stock hanging around.

Normally I would agree with you, but this case might be different. The Redline are the most popular because of the LS3's. It might simply be that Holden wants to maximise the return on these cars as they are in demand and also not further undermine HSV's business case. Remember HSV are trying to flog their own LS3's at the moment. There is also bound to be more limited edition models before the end. Having to much standard stock in the yards could be a problem for that reason too.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Have I got this wrong: didn't I read somewhere that LS3's have all been built, they're an old engine, and that Holden has dibs on the last ones (if "stockpiling" is inaccurate)?
If that's so, and LS3 cars are selling, any chance they'll try to keep build numbers down (to some degree) in order to maximise profit on each remaining engine?

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Have I got this wrong: didn't I read somewhere that LS3's have all been built, they're an old engine, and that Holden has dibs on the last ones (if "stockpiling" is inaccurate)?
If that's so, and LS3 cars are selling, any chance they'll try to keep build numbers down (to some degree) in order to maximise profit on each remaining engine?

If I recall correctly, the LS3 is still in production in Mexico. Production of the 6.0L finished last year (which was one of the big reasons behind going to the LS3).

For VF, GMH decided to reduce production and stockpiling to ensure that their production was not greater than the demand, which was previously forcing discounting at dealerships to clear stock.

Building to order ensures that margins remain high and that they are producing the volume and specification of vehicles that the market wants.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If I recall correctly, the LS3 is still in production in Mexico.
I thought Holden's engine-plant closed down a while back?
*boom-tish*

PRISEENE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Shopping Trolley. Plus other rides
I Knew it..
Save your lettuce I recon they will 340kw the LS3 redline,, clinching the title as the most powerful local car made clinching the title from Ford, [not including HSV or FPV]just a hunch..
Keep a ear out as your blokes are mostly closer to the action in VIC..
Maybe a bulk order for the applicable car ??:surprise:

Last edited:

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I Knew it..
Save your lettuce I recon they will 340kw the LS3 redline,, clinching the title as the most power Commodore, just a hunch..
Keep a ear out as your blokes are mostly closer to the action in VIC..Maybe a bulk order for the applicable car ??:surprise:

Possibly, but I doubt it. The reason that the LS3's in the HSV's are rated at 340kw is because they use a different rating system from Holden. Actual KW's are lower.

Plus it already has the title of the most powerful 'Commodore' (they don't count HSV with that title)

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Interesting read, I was planning on going in at the end of this month and trying to strike up a good deal on a jungle green as it is getting discontinued for MY17 and I have seen the colour list for MY17 and nothing really excites me. I think that hopefully you would be able to get a good deal for EOFY, But I am going on a tour of Holdens at the beginning of July, so I might see or hear something that might want to make me wait until MY17. But if its not as good as Jungle Green, im going for a SSVR MY16.

PRISEENE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Shopping Trolley. Plus other rides
A tour, excellent. Would it be possible to get on board with that tour, or do you have any details to call to organise ?? Lead Times ?

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Possibly, but I doubt it. The reason that the LS3's in the HSV's are rated at 340kw is because they use a different rating system from Holden. Actual KW's are lower.

Plus it already has the title of the most powerful 'Commodore' (they don't count HSV with that title)

Also the 340kw ls3 from hsv does not meet euro 5 emissions. All cars sold after November 1st 2016 have to meet euro 5.

Current ls3 does however in the hsv tune it does not. I don't think there will be power changes.