Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

PRISEENE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Shopping Trolley. Plus other rides
Unless they are built prior to November 1st 2016,,,

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I dont think there will be any power increase, the only power increase will be on the very special SSVR Edition - yet to be named- but will be limited in what colour it comes in and will be a sticker pack just like the CL was. All MY17 will just be a change in colour and wheels trims. The real change comes right at the end in the special edition.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Has anyone tried that motorbuys website, where you submit what you want and then let the dealers do battle on it to get the best price for you?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
MY17 SV6 and SS will have sat nav and heads up standard.

The new colours to come will be son of a gun grey and light my fire orange. Having seen the specs on the final edition of the redline, I can tell you they've thrown everything possibly available from the parts bin at it. All MY17's will be this version, I'm fairly certain there won't be a base redline.

If you're after an Auto Redline there's a fair bit of stock around at present, but manuals are very hard to get. We've got more V8's in stock at the moment than we've ever had since VF launched, but they're mostly plain SSV autos.

HSV's LS3 is not Euro 5 compatible, meaning that all of their MY17's will be supercharged. Holden's LS3 has been Euro 5 since launch, but the LFW and LFX V6 aren't. They currently have an exemption from government to continue selling them through next year.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline

The new colours to come will be son of a gun grey and light my fire orange. Having seen the specs on the final edition of the redline, I can tell you they've thrown everything possibly available from the parts bin at it. All MY17's will be this version, I'm fairly certain there won't be a base redline.

If you're after an Auto Redline there's a fair bit of stock around at present, but manuals are very hard to get. We've got more V8's in stock at the moment than we've ever had since VF launched, but they're mostly plain SSV autos.

HSV's LS3 is not Euro 5 compatible, meaning that all of their MY17's will be supercharged. Holden's LS3 has been Euro 5 since launch, but the LFW and LFX V6 aren't. They currently have an exemption from government to continue selling them through next year.

What sort of stuff is in parts bin? We talking heated cooled seats and gauges or something major like MRC (doubtful at the price point of a redline.

blakethemus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Do you know if it will be around the same price? I'm looking at getting one but really don't want to go above 60K as it's really stretching the vehicle allowance.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The Aussie parts bin would have to include some Calais gear I would think. Heated memory seats, heated and dipping mirrors, puddle lamps?

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
Has anyone tried that motorbuys website, where you submit what you want and then let the dealers do battle on it to get the best price for you?
I just tried it, then they wanted $19.95 and my cc details.

Not being cheap, but I'd rather do the call around to the dealers myself.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'd probably look to the Chevy SS to see what the Redline will have.