Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

PRISEENE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Shopping Trolley. Plus other rides
Absolutely, as I said originally there must be an answer to the Sprint. I doubt Holden will go down in History with the second most powerful car, [especially in a 2 horse race, that means last]

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Absolutely, as I said originally there must be an answer to the Sprint. I doubt Holden will go down in History with the second most powerful car, [especially in a 2 horse race, that means last]

HSV already have the GTS, which they market as 'the most powerful Australian car ever'. I think that Holden will see that as enough.

As it stands the VFII Redline is 'the most powerful Commodore ever'. If they were to spend a huge amount of money to upgrade the power of the Commodore it still wouldn't be the most powerful Aussie car.

'Commodore, the 3rd fastest Australian car but it's still faster than the Falcon' doesnt seem like a good enough marketing slogan to make the investment.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The only way Holden can top the power figures of the fords is if it uses the LSA.
They can't squeeze HSV power out of the LS3 without fitting headers (which they won't do on the production line)
HSV measure power different, as already mentioned.
And the chances of an LSA will be next to none :(

PRISEENE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Shopping Trolley. Plus other rides
Ok looks like a W340 upgrade is order ??
Anyone know the cost of a supply and fit in Sydney and who ??

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
just get a quote from any other tuner than add 2 grand for the w340 badge

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
As it stands the VFII Redline is 'the most powerful Commodore ever'.

Actually, the redline is no more powerful than any other non-HSV VFII V8...

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

w340 is actually w375 on the LS3. The walky pack is expensive, as is the Teckno 400kw powerpack.
Other tuners will give you this power for less. I'm leaning towards C&A Auto in Melb for my Redline which is 385kw for $2k less than the above.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Actually, the redline is no more powerful than any other non-HSV VFII V8...

You're correct, as I was typing it I was thinking about the Redline being 'The fastest Commodore Ever' due to the staggered tyres getting the power down

yescooling

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dream a commodore redline
Just back to OP question. If you want to buy M16 model, it's not the cheapest time. When M17 comes out or end of year, M16 will be huge discounted no matter what. If you want to buy M17, then it will be most likely a bit expensive due to CPI, new features, and yeah, we all know last one, even most of the parts are the same , but folks like me will not be waiting. I'm waiting for M17 mainly due to the colour. My favourite is yellow but I guess I may have to pay someone to do the painting XD

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
w340 is actually w375 on the LS3. The walky pack is expensive, as is the Teckno 400kw powerpack.
Other tuners will give you this power for less. I'm leaning towards C&A Auto in Melb for my Redline which is 385kw for $2k less than the above.
I can offer a 670kW pack, using a similar pulled-out-of-the-arse method of 'measuring' that these other folk offer.