Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I can offer a 670kW pack, using a similar pulled-out-of-the-arse method of 'measuring' that these other folk offer.

Are you saying that the tried and tested LS tuners who’ve been around for years don’t get results?

I’m yet to see a Walkinshaw really live up to its expectations.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Are you saying that the tried and tested LS tuners who’ve been around for years don’t get results?

I’m yet to see a Walkinshaw really live up to its expectations.

What do you mean not live up to expectations YOU GET A BADGE ON THE BOOT LID THAT HAS A "W" A THE START ITS STANDS FOR WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm not saying they don't get results, I'm just querying the relevance of the numbers in the names of the packs in question.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I'm not saying they don't get results, I'm just querying the relevance of the numbers in the names of the packs in question.

Watch any number of YouTube videos and you'll see the numbers align with flywheel kilowatts after a dyno run post-upgrades. They quote power at the flywheel to align to how Holden promotes their vehicles, however, they always defer to rear wheel kilowatts to explain the actual power increase and rightly so.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've never seen a YouTube video of a tuner actually pulling an engine & sticking it on an engine dyno, have you got any links?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I've never seen a YouTube video of a tuner actually pulling an engine & sticking it on an engine dyno, have you got any links?

Are you trying to be a ######## on purpose? You're doing a good job.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Are you trying to be a ######## on purpose? You're doing a good job.

You specifically stated that "you'll see the numbers align with flywheel kilowatts after a dyno run post-upgrades", no need to get grumpy when asked to post a link to those videos showing the results at the flywheel...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
In that case, I can sell you an 800 kit for only 50% more than the others will charge you for their mere 365 kits!
In fact, just to make it more convenient for you, I'll even get them to fit it for you, I'll pay them directly (I'll be making a loss, with such a big number in the name of my kit, this is just a favour for JC members!).

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The available aftermarket packs are done in fwkw, its the only way to gain consistent results. The initial development of the packs are all on engine dynos. There's no drivetrain loss, diff ratio considerations, and easy to compare it to factory figures, to show increased outputs.

The walk-in tuners are rwkw

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I don’t know if relevance is totally the right word, indicator is probably a better fit as there is no real accuracy in the numbers of an advertised pack but I definitely agree with what you’re saying.

I don’t know any of the serious old school tuners around Sydney that make output guarantees, at best they’ll give you a rough idea as to what sort of increase you could normally expect.

Different engines making different power from stock will play a part in the final outcome.

I’ve never bought a pack off a tuner.

When I walk into a performance shop it’s to talk about what I want to achieve, the type of cam I’d like, where I want the power to come on, how it’s delivered, the type of revs I’d like to make and so on and the same applies with any other items such as an exhaust or a turbo that may be fitted.

The tuner gives me advice on what’s needed or maybe some sensible alternatives to pull my head out of the clouds and I get a before and after dyno report to give me an indication of what type of increase was achieved.

We all know you should never trust chassis dyno figures as they are just a tuning tool and packs well they are just a known combo that works and some engines will react to them better than others.

Dyno sheets for bragging about your power output are as valuable as used toilet paper.