Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

Teddyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series II redline
I've been looking for a while now and like you noticed quite a few more on the market (oct 16) at pretty good prices so I went looked at a few, found what I wanted and just brought one and I absolutely love it and have no regrets at all !

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
I've had a few fast Fords including 335, but looking at what you get in the new Redline it was a no brainer for me, Redline all the way.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
I've had a few fast Fords including 335, but looking at what you get in the new Redline it was a no brainer for me, Redline all the way.

The fast Fords had their quirks, genuine muscle cars, but frozen in that late 90s/early 2000s mentality of what a performance car should be. This seems to be a trend, Ford fans ignore the Redline, talk down about it with one dimensional nonsense like "the XR8 will win in a drag race", that is until they drive one and realise what they've been missing out on. They will have to rename the Fordforums soon to Holdenforums, half of them now drive VFs. Congrats on the Redline, they really are great.

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline

The fast Fords had their quirks, genuine muscle cars, but frozen in that late 90s/early 2000s mentality of what a performance car should be. This seems to be a trend, Ford fans ignore the Redline, talk down about it with one dimensional nonsense like "the XR8 will win in a drag race", that is until they drive one and realise what they've been missing out on. They will have to rename the Fordforums soon to Holdenforums, half of them now drive VFs. Congrats on the Redline, they really are great.

Hi all ☺ the ford is just slightly quicker in a straight line n thats it : everywhere else it doesnt even come close to the redline : as davison said : most ford fans just look at that straight line crap n think that the ford is far superior : what a bunch of crap : the redline is far superior in every other aspect n the reality is that ford never had anything that could rival the redline except for that xr8 1/4 mile time : good 2c that some ford fans finally saw the light n realised how much better the redline really is ☺

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
I don't think there is a clear winner, I have a VFII SS and my dad has a G6E. At times I prefer driving my Dad's car, the interior doesn't look as modern but I find it a much more comfortable place to be in all honesty. Neither of them handle particularly well in my opinion and they both go well enough, so for me the driving experience is a wash. If you want a car to enjoy driving there are much better options... they are really both straight line heros.

The appeal of either is space, comfort, power and price. All the Ford owners that switched to VF mostly did so because they didnt like the FGX styling and the 2 cars are basically interchangeable beyond that !

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
Hi all ☺ the ford is just slightly quicker in a straight line n thats it : everywhere else it doesnt even come close to the redline : as davison said : most ford fans just look at that straight line crap n think that the ford is far superior : what a bunch of crap : the redline is far superior in every other aspect n the reality is that ford never had anything that could rival the redline except for that xr8 1/4 mile time : good 2c that some ford fans finally saw the light n realised how much better the redline really is ☺

I'm not a "Ford fan" I have had FPV HSV and SRT so I'm open minded about performance cars full stop.

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
Agreed about the FGX, couldn't come to terms with the front, the rear is fine, also the fact the interior is waaaay past it's use by date, the SSVR is a much nicer place to be even though its getting on in years to.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The appeal of either is space, comfort, power and price. All the Ford owners that switched to VF mostly did so because they didnt like the FGX styling and the 2 cars are basically interchangeable beyond that !
Nooo ... Falcon suspension & general steering/brake feedback/feel isn't as good, which is part of why an XR8 Sprint can have so much power compared to it's quarter-mile time - traction.
But more importantly, FG interior was almost as archaic as VE interior on release, and it's looking like a base early 90's Corolla interior now. Plus a seating-position which would make an 80's Alfa Romeo seating-engineer beam with pride.

On top of all of that, for us; no wagon. I haven't given-up on life quite yet, so SUV's aren't for me ...

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
Nooo ... Falcon suspension & general steering/brake feedback/feel isn't as good, which is part of why an XR8 Sprint can have so much power compared to it's quarter-mile time - traction.

I agree the VF is probably technically a better car, but last week I did about 200 sedate city km in the G6E and just found it pleasant. Some of the dullness is actually part of that, as a relaxed car its great but as a spirited car neither of them are great. My SS is not even close to the fastest car I have, and come track day its even further away. It exists so I can throw my family and gear in it, carve up some freeway, listen to a V8 and not destroy my soul the way an SUV would :) Comparing sedan to sedan, I just argue a Falcon would do the job just as well... but yes no wagon.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
I don't think there is a clear winner, I have a VFII SS and my dad has a G6E. At times I prefer driving my Dad's car, the interior doesn't look as modern but I find it a much more comfortable place to be in all honesty. Neither of them handle particularly well in my opinion and they both go well enough, so for me the driving experience is a wash. If you want a car to enjoy driving there are much better options... they are really both straight line heros.

Have you driven a VF Redline? Big difference in handling compared to a SS.