Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is satnav not an option for VF Calais Sportswagon ?

Stingraynut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Sportswagon
I ordered a VF Calais sportswagon this morning and was told there was no option for satnav.

I've read that it is an option and costs $750.

I'd be extremely interested to hear from anyone with a VF Calais that has SatNav

because at this stage it would be easy to correct the problem, with car delivery some weeks away.

I know SatNav is standard in the Calais V. It seems incredible that it isn't standard in a Calais.

dcg1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
hey there,

Sat Nav is an option on the Calais,

its in the Brochure as "P" which is option Pack

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Sat Nav is definately an option on the base calais. Option code is UHM. The problem at the moment is that the factory has closed down for the next 3 weeks and this forced Holden to push everything in build to Sequenced, which means no changes are allowed.....

Everything up until the end of October build is non-changeable and I believe that November onwards could possibly be MY15. Nothing has been confirmed. So yes you can get Navigation in a Calais, but the dealer isn't offering it to you because otherwise they wouldn't be able to supply you with a vehicle in any fixed timeframe or be able to guarantee any pricing......

dcg1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
Everything up until the end of October build is non-changeable and I believe that November onwards could possibly be MY15......

I hope your right my SV6 ute is scheduled in to be built in November with December Delivery :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Sat Nav is definately an option on the base calais. Option code is UHM. The problem at the moment is that the factory has closed down for the next 3 weeks and this forced Holden to push everything in build to Sequenced, which means no changes are allowed.....

Everything up until the end of October build is non-changeable and I believe that November onwards could possibly be MY15. Nothing has been confirmed. So yes you can get Navigation in a Calais, but the dealer isn't offering it to you because otherwise they wouldn't be able to supply you with a vehicle in any fixed timeframe or be able to guarantee any pricing......

FFS - if this is the case (and I have no reason to believe that it's not), why didn't the dealer just say as much and therefore the customer could make an informed decision from there??

It doesn't particularly surprise me - 3 dealers flat out told me that the car I drove for the last 3.5 years (gave it back a couple of months ago) couldn't be built :bang:. Another dealer just refused to quote me on it and said I could only choose from whatever stock was already built claiming a build time of 4-6 months from Holden/HSV. FUUUUUU.... It was a walk up easy sale on a top of the line (aka mucho $$$$ for everybody concerned) HSV yet many insisted on trying to sell me what they wanted. Why is it so hard to try and sell the customer what the customer wants???

[/rant]

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I walked in wanting a redline.
Drove out with a Storm.+ w310 Walky pack and HSV inflexion rims.
I also wanted the bigger spoiler,but got talked out of that and he ALMOST talked me out of the towbar,but I needed that.
Next time,oh,cancel that I'm gonna buy a ALMOST new car n then I'll know what I'm getting.

dcg1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
"I also wanted the bigger spoiler,but got talked out of that "

That is because if you want the bigger spoiler that it has to be built, This is what my dealer has told me, Im lucky to some degree, although I have to wait for the ute, My dealer has been honest with me and informed me all the way. and I had to laugh when I received an email from him "Greg" as I didn't know his last name until the email and its Murphy. LOL

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Can't the dealer fit satnav? Even at a later date?
I'd wait three weeks if possible as the satnavs is bloody good imo. Or go V there's a lot of value in that, although more in sedan than wagon.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon

Can't the dealer fit satnav? Even at a later date?
I'd wait three weeks if possible as the satnavs is bloody good imo. Or go V there's a lot of value in that, although more in sedan than wagon.

Some dealers don't have the expertise to fit mats!!!

Stingraynut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Sportswagon
Thanks everyone for excellent information - especially timandhayley

I'm very pleased I joined this forum

How am I going to get this sorted?

Obviously I will contact the dealer first thing Monday morning and I am not happy at all

I paid $500 deposit and I will walk away if this can't be resolved.

What is my15 is that a change in the option code or something?

I see that to have satnav you have to have the DVD player, and that the aerial base is different because the windows have metal in them, and the satnav is connected to aerial base for better reception. Is that something a dealer could retrofit?

I'd appreciate any advice on how to handle this.

I'm good at dealing with people and I know that getting angry is not usually the best solution