Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is SUMMERNATS Slowly Dying - Whats Your Opinion

VNCalais3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V6 S1, VP Executive V8 Wagon
Hi all,
Thought id start a post on the famous annual Summernats.
For those that are unfamiliar or unfortunate enough to of not heard of it, it is a massive car festival held in canberra every year at the start of January next year will be there 23rd year. Summernats displays a huge range of show/prototype cars to the general public and well as the standards like the burnout comp, show n shine and so on.
To sum it up its a car enthusiast dream - gotto go to experience it.

I have been to the last 6 events, in my opinion it has slowly gotten quieter every year.
Example no DYNO at the 23rd.
Chic the organizer of summernats is looking for someone to take over his position, he recently had 2 auctions which was to sell off all of his old Summernats merchandise he had collected over the years.
Hows that about Brett Stevens, if you dont understand then catch-up. All the best for the future, bummer about the cars, bikes, Jack Daniels stuff, and records they confiscated.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Hi all,
Thought id start a post on the famous annual Summernats.
For those that are unfamiliar or unfortunate enough to of not heard of it, it is a massive car festival held in canberra every year at the start of January next year will be there 23rd year. Summernats displays a huge range of show/prototype cars to the general public and well as the standards like the burnout comp, show n shine and so on.
To sum it up its a car enthusiast dream - gotto go to experience it.

I have been to the last 6 events, in my opinion it has slowly gotten quieter every year.
Example no DYNO at the 23rd.
Chic the organizer of summernats is looking for someone to take over his position, he recently had 2 auctions which was to sell off all of his old Summernats merchandise he had collected over the years.
Hows that about Brett Stevens, if you dont understand then catch-up. All the best for the future, bummer about the cars, bikes, Jack Daniels stuff, and records they confiscated.

Summernats are great but nothing lasts forever
Oh and what does Brett Stevens have to do with the summernats?He is a crim who got caught,nothing more.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Oh and what does Brett Stevens have to do with the summernats?He is a crim who got caught,nothing more.

yep its his own fault

VNCalais3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V6 S1, VP Executive V8 Wagon

I was simply implying that he has been a massive contributor to the sport of high performance machines and will be missed by some.

LowVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
what did he get caught doing?

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Very serious drug charges.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
They should schedule summernats around new years eve like when it first started.I know they changed it because it got out of hand with new years eve revellers years ago but I think it is worth another shot.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Maybe its me... but nothing is anywhere near as good as it used to be...

The V8's... summernats... it's all just going downhill I reckon - dunno why, just get that feeling

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Last year was the first time in 13 consecutive Nats I didn't go. I've pretty much seen everything there and have worked there (for free) quite a number of times on the burnout track. The attitude of punters has sadly changed over the years. The event has gone from a car show to a piss-fest. It's pathetic to think that this is Australias premier car festival and too many car owners are too scared to take their cars there because of drunken dick heads.

I seriously hope the new owners revamp the whole show - they need to cut off the booze and get rid of the dick heads and filter the entrants more thoroughly. A Commodore with exhaust, lowered and CHROMIES is NOT a 'street machine'! As I have posted before, the event needs to do a total 180 and be turned into a world class car show. It had potential but Chic Henry only saw the dollar signs from all the booze that was sold and let the event get beyond repair.

So in answer to the question, yes, it's slowly dying for the car enthusiast but is only getting better for the bogan, female disrespecting piss head.