Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is the new Holden Cruze Sri going to be reliable?

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
My wife is looking at getting a new car, her heart is set on the new Cruze Sri I'm just worried that its not going to be reliable?
Does anyone have one? Is it going to be slow compared to her vx v6?
Are there any common problems?
Thanks we will be looking at buying at the end of the year

dan073

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Wagon
Hi, i don't own a cruze but i have driven one on and off for a while. Its a lease car from holden, last years model SRI, automatic, turbo hatch in chlorophyll.

As for reliable i wouldn't have a clue, its only done 15000 odd k's hasn't broken down starts every time as it should no dramas. Be a bit worried if it did ;)

Although i do own a vx v6 im not very good at comparing cars, first year of green p's. But if you have a question just ask.

Common problems i will ask. Only one small niggle, cant set cruise to 90 lately it likes 89 and 91 lol

The 2013 model will have the IQ system and will get the upgraded 1.6l. If you do settle for one make sure its a turbo, the old cruzes were just too sluggish hence why they have turbos now.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I think the new Cruze is sharing the dash features with the VF Commodore. I quite like the look of the hatch in orange.
Local dealer has one, and it looks the goods. I think its the turbo top shelf model.

My sister has one of the 2011 model CDX, and yes, its gutless. She is getting used to it now though, and now its run in, it goes a bit better, and fuel economy has improved. Only problem she has had is a minor oil leak. Done around the 15,000ks.

seasmi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
We've had a 2014 Cruze Sri 1.6t since june and done nearly 4000k's now. Only problem being my android phone having problems with playing music. Iphone works perfectly. Other than that a great little car. Handles very well and loves the twisty bits. Drives quite effortlessly and don't have to ring its neck to get anywhere unlike our old 2002 1.6 Mazda but obviously not like our SS. Would quite happily have this as our only vehicle for city or touring. Interior is quite nice and the front seats feel more supportive and comfortable than the SS. Plenty seat adjustment for leg room for my 6'5" body also. Reasonably large boot for small family with folding rear seats. At this stage I'm more than happy with this vehicle and think Holden have done a good job with it.

paulm

Reaction score
Just done our first 1000k on a Sri hatch 1.6l motor, Auto. Great car, No dramas at all. Much better than the lease Cruze we had cdx with 15000k 1,8l motor and pretty gutless.
Would definitely buy one of these again.
Cheers PaulM

mattywood86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VC
I have a 1.6 Sri Auto, compared to my last car a 2011 Ford Focus it is fantastic. Only issue I have is with the Holden MyLink. It keeps unpairing with my iPhone 5. No idea why but I will be bring it up on the first service. Its only got 700k on it at the moment and it is 6 weeks old.

skeeta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
Have had my 2013 sriV 1.4 iii 6 spd man for about 4000 Ks now,14000 now, and think it's a great car ,forgot how much fun it is to stay between the lines, zippy with great power ,just a little sluggish off the mark ,good room and comfortable for me ,6 Ft, overall a great car that looks good with little work

BAWITHLOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRiV Z & Baby Monaro (Barina)
I just bought the new SRiZ 1.6 iii 6 speed man. looks the goods, but guess only time will tell!