Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there a series 2 berlina with rb20e?

6nick6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 2.0
Hi im new to the forums and ive just got a couple questions about my new car. I just brought a Holden VL berlina 2.0. Ive been reading around and found out theres a series 1 and 2 berlina but i think thats only for the ones with rb30e's. I was wondering if anyone knew if theres series 2 berlinas with rb20e's? or is there just one serie? Its a 1987 model and some distinguishing features it has is no factory headunit or arial etc. It has little lights in the rear of the car on both sides. I couldnt tell if it had disk breaks at the back because its got the factory wheels on it which hide anything i might see behind it.

So does anyone know? im jsut curious because i want to know if ive got a lsd which aparently the series 2 berlinas have, and also the rear disks.

oh yea the indicator leaver is broken to, to change it do i have to take the steering wheel off?

Thanks! ill post up pics of my new car soon!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
its not technically called series 2 but updated version
series 1 and 2 is just easyer to say:p

series 2 were in from Aug 87
few little features to pick are
-round shaped head rest
-areas around the air vents (dash) are colour coded

berlinas did have the rear seat light standerd in both
high rise console and sunglasser holder standerd
window surrounds on the doors are black
better trim
kick panels are fabric
cluster has a rev guage not the anolouge clock
electric arial

LSD was optional
as with power window, power mirrors and crusie control

disc rear was standerd if it was v8 or turbo
NA 6 only had drums
where calais NA 6 got disk rear standerd

steering wheel must come off to replace it:thumbsup:
if standerd wheel, the horn pad pulls off then one big bolt holding the wheel on

6nick6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 2.0
Thanks for the reply especially for the bit about changing the indercator switch, i had a poke around with it when i was in town but kept hooting the horn lol. Hmm ill have to check the headrest when i go out for a drive soon. It must have drums in the rear aswell thanks for clearing that up. The only weird thing is it has a analogue clock in dash AND a tacho hmmmm