Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there a way to disable the alarm but still lock the car?

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
There is no Buick app in the Store when I search. I guess it is geo filtered.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
But, I'm not entirely sure if OnStar is required for that. Do you have accounts you can sign into in the Commodore?

@87VLCALAIS said it first but I am confirming Aus/NZ models did not get Onstar as the service is not offered here. Judging on some initial investigations into privacy and security concerns I don't think it wouldn't get much traction down under either.

PalmyZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sportwagon
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an alarm fitted as standard to the ZBs, per se. There is an immobiliser and anti theft for the infotainment, but nothing beyond that, as far as I am aware. I have taken my ZB LT wagon across Cook Strait with no issues. I think they are concerned about those noisy alarms that go off when somebody across the street sneezes.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I think they're concerned about the motion sensing alarms.

I think there is an alarm on the ZB based on comments on the Buick owners forum, but it's not triggered by motion.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I think they're concerned about the motion sensing alarms.

I think there is an alarm on the ZB based on comments on the Buick owners forum, but it's not triggered by motion.

the only alarm that will sound in the zb will be triggered by someone opening a door or the bonnet, there is nothing for shock or motion.
most vehicle transport boats have that requirement because real car alarms have pitch(tow) detection which can be set off by the movement of the boat.

if you are really worried then pull fuse 78(horn) from the engine bay fusebox or you could also try pull fuse 17(alarm) from the glovebox fusebox.
fuse 78 should disable any audible warnings but leave everything else intact.

if you need a fuse diagram it starts on page 349 of your owners manual.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I'm not worried as the alarm won't be triggered by motion. There's no need to do anything out of the ordinary