Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there a way to hold 1st gear to limiter in a vr auto?

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
Mine won't even on the redline during skids

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Rev it up into the redline enough and it will.They will all do it,I think its some safety thing.

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
We'll there u go, mine with abs spins the wheels in 2nd to

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
It can be set not to shift up in the memcal chip.I adjusted the auto trans settings on my chip so it doesnt change up by itself when first is manually selected.Its the only auto Ive seen that does this.Usually if you select 1st gear,they wont change up to second unless you manually shift it up.Having it shifting up by itself is a prick of an idea I reckon.If you select first gear,you want first gear,not second gear.
Maaaaaaad drifter stylez y0!

but seriously, look for a thread here that shows you how to manualize your gearbox electronically, shouldnt have a problem with it changing gear by itself :).... :D

Davidcoolaye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
If all else fails get a VN transmission... or a auto vn's computer! I've been told no matter how much you rev them, if you've manually selected first gear they wont budge off it.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The auto transmissions in the VN/VP are not controlled by computer.The first fully computer controlled transmission was in the VR.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
If all else fails get a VN transmission... or a auto vn's computer! I've been told no matter how much you rev them, if you've manually selected first gear they wont budge off it.

A VN owner probably told you that, just because his car is so hektik uleh. A VN auto wouldnt bolt into a VR straight up, also the computer doesnt control the auto in a VN.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
We'll there u go, mine with abs spins the wheels in 2nd to

my VS does too but then ur doin less than 40/w/e and if u havent manually shifted into 2nd it will just kick back down into first :S man id love to hold the limiter in my VS in 1st....got some stockos i wanna burn :D

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
I love threads like this, actually... not really.

You just know that the OP is gonna be back in here 2 weeks later with a thread along the lines of "TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! HELP" After he finds out how to hold it on the limiter.

And then you know every single post is going to be:

"Fit a 2nd hand one from reckerz mate onli $160 bycks"
or:
"The only thing to do is reco for $2000 bucks, 2nd hand one will last you 3 months if that"

THEN he'll be back in here after sourcing some dodgy auto from the wreckers asking us if 7HDD bolts up to 4HDD or not.