Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there a way to hold 1st gear to limiter in a vr auto?

slappedvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
hey guys
with the vrs having the electronic tranny it doesnt let me hold 1st gear to limiter it automaticaly changes into 2nd.
is there a way to overide this or trick the tranny?
cheers

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Ummmmm... Sorry, but this could be a stupid question - Why would you want to do this?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
um put it in 1st? lol

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
Valve bouncing does nothing u actually loose power, so if it ls because I'll get 800 or so more rpm in racing or what ever you'll be making a lot of noise going no where any quicker and doing damage so just stick to 5 or so grand, because in a couple of months well get a help my cars fudged thread lol

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
lol id say hes doin a burnout and gettin halfway threw the burnout and its changing gears

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
but who knows i found it dangerious. one day i was stuck in a sticky situation in the wet which ididnt casue . i needed to boot it and have power ready...if i was tryin to slalom threw 4 wrecked cars and i hit second it wouldnt of gone to plan.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It can be set not to shift up in the memcal chip.I adjusted the auto trans settings on my chip so it doesnt change up by itself when first is manually selected.Its the only auto Ive seen that does this.Usually if you select 1st gear,they wont change up to second unless you manually shift it up.Having it shifting up by itself is a prick of an idea I reckon.If you select first gear,you want first gear,not second gear.

Last edited:

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
but who knows i found it dangerious. one day i was stuck in a sticky situation in the wet which ididnt casue . i needed to boot it and have power ready...if i was tryin to slalom threw 4 wrecked cars and i hit second it wouldnt of gone to plan.

Yeah, because that happens every day, doesnt it?

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
If u put it in 1st it won't shift up , the gear pins is one spot if it was to change it would mean that pins ####ed and it won't stay in any gear

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If u put it in 1st it won't shift up , the gear pins is one spot if it was to change it would mean that pins ####ed and it won't stay in any gear

These auto transmissions will shift up to second gear by themselves if you rev it just into the redline, even though first gear is selected.