Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there other options, or should I settle for something else.

Deano_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Wagon
Hi Guys,

My current Daily is my 2010 VE SSV Wagon, Healthy Comp Cam has been fitted, Heads have been Ported and decked to bump up compression, Full stainless Exhaust has been fitted as well as long tube headers, OTR and remap. She does 370rwkw.
But I am stuck as I would also like to do a new intake Manifold, but I dont know whether the Edelbrock cross ram is road legal (All other modifications have permits as the car recently went over the pits)

I need some advice and knowledge as I am not to clued up on what you might be able to get a permit for and what doesn’t need checks.

I was looking at getting a Edelbrock Cross Ram, and a custom OTR fitted, but Everything I find says the XRam isn’t road legal, and I have my doubts about my Custom OTR

Anybody have advice on this, or A different option?

I really like the Dual Plenum look and still want to keep it as a Daily

Thanks

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Harrop Hurricane or Nelson Race Engines x-ram. Clips on youtube of both, though I've looked on NRE website a few times and never seen it. Don't know about legality, but curious....

Deano_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Wagon
Harrop Hurricane or Nelson Race Engines x-ram. Clips on youtube of both, though I've looked on NRE website a few times and never seen it. Don't know about legality, but curious....

I have heard that the Harrop Hurricane is a real pain to tune though, and not many people are willing to do the necessary tuning on it.

sent a message to NRE waiting for a response.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
370rwkw with just a cam and tune? Oh, and ported and decked heads, but still....

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Do you just want it for the looks or are you trying for gains? Because TBH I don't think it's going to do much for the daily portion of your drive..

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Not sure old mate cares that much for daily drive characteristics with a cam making that power and if you have the $$$, is it not the final piece of a high hp NA motor? I think the 5k+ would buy a bit more power, a bit more throttle response and a priceless amount of **** tonne cool! Care to share your cam specs Deano?

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
there is a ve in the back of one of the recent street machine mags with a x ram, it did mention that it had to be modified ( dunno if it was just for emissions gear, as ram doesnt have it )

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Not sure old mate cares that much for daily drive characteristics

Literally said he wanted to keep it as a daily in the first post. All I meant though is that he won't really see any gains down low on his daily commute with that unless he drives everywhere at like 5k rpm if that's what he was after, particularly as it looks like you lose a bunch of runner length.

Deano_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Wagon
Not sure old mate cares that much for daily drive characteristics with a cam making that power and if you have the $$$, is it not the final piece of a high hp NA motor? I think the 5k+ would buy a bit more power, a bit more throttle response and a priceless amount of **** tonne cool! Care to share your cam specs Deano?

Yeah no problems Banjo79.

Currently running a Comp LS281LRR HR 113.
Intake: 281
Exhaust: 297
Lobe separation: 113
Intake Lift: 0.617
Exhaust Lift: 0.624

Now driving a cammed motor as a Daily is a little rough, but I love it, and thats why I don’t care to much about how easy to drive the car remains, when I said I want to keep it as a daily, I meant in the sense of not getting defected.

Deano_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Wagon
Literally said he wanted to keep it as a daily in the first post. All I meant though is that he won't really see any gains down low on his daily commute with that unless he drives everywhere at like 5k rpm if that's what he was after, particularly as it looks like you lose a bunch of runner length.

Ohh Contrair RJK, the Edelbrock XRam has a good distance longer runners than the stock LS3 intake, giving a lot of low end grunt.

Look as I said, this is only iteration 2.0, and I still have plans to stroke the motor, install high compression pistons. Heck if I am still not satisfied I might go Turbo.