Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a decent price for headers + exhaust?

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Hey guys, Live in adelaide and have been quoted $560ish for Lukey Extractors and $330 for a 2.5" lukey sports exhaust system.

On my VR it only cost me around $230 for the lukey system, Why is the V6 VX so much more ?

Anywhere else around the gawler / elizabeth area you guys know about and what price they would usually charge ?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
id try ebay mate

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
That's installed by the way, 550 for the lukey extractors installed, and 330 for the exhaust and installed. I can't seem to rly even find extractors around that price and then I'd need to get them installed etc

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do Wildcat extractors for $385 and a system for $230. About $50 to ship to Adelaide.If you are handy with spanners, there is no welding required with this set up, just some cutting of the engine pipes.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hmm thanks Abba, The exhaust I may be able to do myself, But def not the extractors, I asked a family mechanic, and even he's not interested in doing them, So I'd need to get my local exhaust shop to probably fit it I guess, Isn't there usually welding required for extractors? What will I need to do to install them with that setup ? If it's much easier than the other ways he might do it for me if I beg hard enough! haha

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Hmm thanks Abba, The exhaust I may be able to do myself, But def not the extractors, I asked a family mechanic, and even he's not interested in doing them, So I'd need to get my local exhaust shop to probably fit it I guess, Isn't there usually welding required for extractors? What will I need to do to install them with that setup ? If it's much easier than the other ways he might do it for me if I beg hard enough! haha

Im just going off my old VR here so dont hold me to this but, Extractors should just be bolt on with the exception of the steering rack will need to be dropped then re-alligned

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Basically on the early VN-VR's extractors come with Y pipes that bolt directly to the cat. VS onwards have the cat and engine pipes as all one piece so the front of the engine pipes have to be cut off and then they just slip into the extractors.

Some brands have a flange on the extractors, these come with a loose flange that has to be welded to the engine pipes once cut, but the Wildcats have a slip join so there is no welding. They are fairly easy to fit, the rack will have to be unbolted from the mounts and moved to the side to get the RHS in, but the left goes straight in. I'm not sure but I think the VX has the EGR pipe as well on the LHS that just screws into the fitting on the extractors. This can be a bit fiddly to get in, but it's not too hard. Allow about 4 hours for the whole job if you have never done them before.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Where did you get the quote Josheh cause I'm looking to do this myself soon, and is there any big difference in sound or performance between the wildcats and lukey?

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I got a Lukey 2.5" cat back from Super Cheap for $180, took around a hour to fit and that's without even having to jack up the car. If you are paying $330 thats around $150 for fitting, not far off double the price.

If you want the part numbers to order them do a search, there is info on the forums.