Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good deal for a gts r

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
It's a rip off IMO. There are still lots of Motorsports around. With upgrades my Motorsport is making similar'ish power to the GTS-R while staying NA for a total cost of $80k. What does a GTS-R come with to warrant a $45k price premium? Nothing. If you really want a supercharged experience do it yourself aftermarket for a third of the cost.

Last edited:

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Comes down what’s right for you. Whilst most of us will have an opinion of what to do, only you can decide. Check out online other HSV dealers and see what sort of stock they have and prices. If what you’ve been offered is around that mark and that’s the car you want, go for it and drive it like it’s meant to be driven, don’t turn it in to a garage Queen.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
If i had a spare 120k I'd probably get one! But I dont like to keep my cars stock for long so being the tight arse I am, I'm going down the modded ss route. And I prefer the front on the VF2 SS. I guess you get bragging rights with an HSV though they are fkn nice!

Probably pocket change to you but the dealer tint and paint/interior protect is a waste of money.

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
It's a rip off IMO. There are still lots of Motorsports around. With upgrades my Motorsport is making similar'ish power to the GTS-R while staying NA for a total cost of $80k. What does a GTS-R come with to warrant a $40k price premium? Nothing. If you really want a supercharged experience do it yourself aftermarket for a third of the cost.

Really... dude you MSE with an exhaust and tune would get its doors blown off, not even in the ballpark power wise.

To the op, if it was me id by a SSV and put W547 kit on it, some coil overs.. Perfect.
Personally i think the GTSR and W1 are just way too much to pay for a hotted up Commodore.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Really... dude you MSE with an exhaust and tune would get its doors blown off, not even in the ballpark power wise.

To the op, if it was me id by a SSV and put W547 kit on it, some coil overs.. Perfect.
Personally i think the GTSR and W1 are just way too much to pay for a hotted up Commodore.

My track day experiences suggest otherwise. An extra 40kw (at the engine) in a heavy Commodore is negligible. Doors blown off.. sorry but that's hilarious. If you want to pay $45k for a couple of tenths of extra speed go for it but most people wouldn't consider that value for money.

Last edited:

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
What do you get for the extra 35k over a normal GTS?
I see the specs say extra 5kw of power so there must be heaps of something else in kit ya get for such a price jump......

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What do you get for the extra 35k over a normal GTS?
I see the specs say extra 5kw of power so there must be heaps of something else in kit ya get for such a price jump......
As per usual, the extra stuff ain’t necessarily worth the extra cost (which is actually ~$10k).
Bigger wheels & brakes, 5kW extra engine tune, and the fancy quilted leather seats.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Brand new with basically no kms and not many manuals around
$124 000

Do you guys think this is a good deal??

If it is what you want, it is a good deal. Though $124K is a lot of money for a Commodore, it can only buy you half of a cheaper Porsche 911. I wouldn't buy a GTS R for "investment" or any other cars for that matter. Cars are meant to be used and enjoyed when they are fun to drive but expect heavy depreciation over time and speeding tickets in due course.:cool:

ratsmow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
With those options mate that's about on the money, even on the cheaper side by a touch, is it worth it, only you can decide. Drive one and drive a motorsport and go from there. Drive a c63 as well and compare the two, or 3.