Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good deal for a gts r

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
5.png

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Doesn’t seem like you ^^ two blokes have built a car from scratch else you would know the pissy value of a limited edition badge.
The marque and the stickers, knowing the difference separates the clever battler and ridiculousness of people who pay through the nose just so they can say they own(ed) one.
SS brought up to spec is always going to win vs McRoyale with Cheese.
Correct my friend. Like you and every other member on here I have never "built a car from scratch". I have however heavily modified a few. In realury that's all we do. I've rebuilt Holden and Mopar V8's and sixes. Upping straight line performance on the Mopars to well in excess of a stock LS3. I've also rebuilt a couple of LSD's and numerous other rwbuods and mods.
My point is simply that there is a lot of value in buying factory performance cars. If there wasn't, all us Redline and MSE buyers wpuld have opted for a base SS and moded from there. Rather than paying a premium for factory performance mods and a level of exclusivity perhaps.
Then consider the value of an untouched 1970's muscle car vs a clone....

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
It all comes down to size of your balls. Sometimes badges and stickers can make you feel they hardly fit in you turtle shell, but in fact the net weight is exactly the same...
Do what will make you happy if you have the money...otherwise you might regret it...

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
You'e probs better off buying a Maloo and doing the exhaust, CAI + Tune

ratsmow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
Like I said, drive a c63 which in theory should be better than the gtsr, and a little pricier, weigh up servicing costs, then drive the gtsr, I know which one you'll choose. At least your comparing apples with apples, performance wise that is. Just to add Dane80, the gtsr is a frreaking awesome awesome car to drive, don't let anyone tell you any different.

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Sapien aenean aliquam elementum cursus sociosqu pulvinar curae pharetra suspendisse, purus scelerisque ut posuere vehicula quisque curae eleifend, auctor aenean sociosqu pretium non malesuada curae elementum duis mollis hendrerit sed aenean vitae rutrum taciti, senectus eros ut purus quisque commodo iaculis vitae, aenean luctus ultrices rhoncus aenean habitasse elit, nunc taciti luctus ut sollicitudin accumsan tellus elementum vestibulum curae nunc nulla risus nec fermentum, tincidunt pharetra mattis odio purus enim quisque blandit nullam, hac odio netus proin ullamcorper eros sapien libero aliquam mi sollicitudin metus litor

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Almost all cars are built to a budget and it is reflected when you look into which corners are cut. A GTS, GTS R are no exceptions - I'd venture that a W1 isn't either. HSV learnt a lesson from the W427.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Each to their own. I can’t understand why some people will buy a $3 bottle of water, but obviously water in bottles sells well and some see the value in buying brand name water.

If the OPer has the money to spend and it’s the car he wants, let him enjoy. However, I would say to him, be careful coming to a forum looking for affirmation of your purchasing decision!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It doesn’t matter what your price point is as none of the new cars we buy are worth what we pay for them, but pay for them we do because the price is worth it to have what you want.

If you want then buy it and bugger what anyone else thinks, I know I always buy my cars for me not my mates.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Like I said, drive a c63 which in theory should be better than the gtsr, and a little pricier, weigh up servicing costs, then drive the gtsr, I know which one you'll choose. At least your comparing apples with apples, performance wise that is. Just to add Dane80, the gtsr is a frreaking awesome awesome car to drive, don't let anyone tell you any different.

What are the servicing costs for a C63 and a GTS R ?