Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good deal for a gts r

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OP the question you ask in the title and original post as to whether it is a good deal, the forum is split with honest informed concern about paying a terribly unethical, overinflated premium to scumbags in a failing new car supply chain, and a minority in denial of the hurt and painful facts of life, suggesting you blow your dough through sheer wasteful hedonism. Coz you deserve it.
What did you expect :D

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
the forum is split with honest informed concern about paying a terribly unethical, overinflated premium to scumbags in a failing new car supply chain, and a minority in denial of the hurt and painful facts of life, suggesting you blow your dough through sheer wasteful hedonism. Coz you deserve it.

While I have offered no opinion, your comment is that people who did and agree with you have honest informed opinions but those who have a different opinion to you are in denial and hence their opinion is less important. Unreal.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
While I have offered no opinion, your comment is that people who did and agree with you have honest informed opinions but those who have a different opinion to you are in denial and hence their opinion is less important. Unreal.
Well yeah, and your comment is on a comment on a comment suggesting that I was suggesting that my view is honest and the opposite dishonest.
That was not the case and I’m sorry if that offends you.
My mention to the OP was the dichotomy of member comments specifically represents genuine concern over impulsive stupidity vs glib hedonism.
So what was your point? That you believe honest hedonism is equally valid as OP’s concerns over value and whether he’s being ripped off? Anyone can sit back and witness an error of judgement. When someone specifically asks if it is a good deal (presumably fiscally not self-aggrandising), and it doesn’t add up except for feeding an ego, then there is an onus to underline logic vs ego where appropriate.
Having the opposite position may not be dishonest, just poor form in relation to the OP.

Last edited:

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Monstar is right, despite out own individual points of view the response to this question is entirely predictable.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Point of order Your Honour; the question wasn't "Is this a good deal", it was "Is this a good deal for a GTS-R".
They're nowhere near the same question! :)

gtsfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 GTS
' Impulse' is not necessarily linked to stupidity.....though sometimes...hindsight proves it so.
Doing something that makes your heart sing....is sometimes better than allowing your head to
take control of every decision you make.
Umpteen thousands of children are born in this world....because of an ' impulse '.
Buy the GtsR mate.....don't risk leaving 124 grand behind in your estate where some relative
might go out and spend it on ' impulse '.

Dane80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTSR
Well yeah, and your comment is on a comment on a comment suggesting that I was suggesting that my view is honest and the opposite dishonest.
That was not the case and I’m sorry if that offends you.
What I was saying to the OP was that the dichotomy of member comments specifically represents genuine concern over impulsive stupidity vs glib hedonism.

I was just merely asking the question to a forum or society of people that share a passion for Holden’s....it was never intended to be a deciding factor or the pinnacle of my decision in any respect....yes I could spend 160k on a c63 that will depreciate just as fast maybe even quicker and ultimately I’d stand there and look at and think to myself I paid even more for something I didn’t really want...it is a lot of money for a hsv I know which is a factor in my decision as well...I’ve done some more research and found only 5 manuals left for sale on Carsales...that are all over 130k some with no options at all, one fuckhead dealer wanted 160k saying “these are rare” “you won’t find one” “they are going to be worth money”....what a load of shyte...maybe in 30 years they will, but not the reason I want one, and would I sell it if it doubled in price, probably not....I told this bloke I had one on hold for 124k...And he just looked at me smugly...some of these dealers are acting like they are selling the holy ******* grail...

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Point of order Your Honour; the question wasn't "Is this a good deal", it was "Is this a good deal for a GTS-R".
They're nowhere near the same question! :)
Ah yeah you’re right, much more subjective not pondering “if I drink to oblivion will I regret it and possibly die if not have a hangover for days” rather soecific like “will ten of these Flaming Orgasms get me tanked”.
Same complete disclosure required I would have thought.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OP see there’s a subtlety here, an HSV claims to be both Holden and another thing altogether. A deliberately different club, where you won’t hear mention of the word Commodore.
This particular forum is Just Commodores and is somewhat inclusive but perhaps you would do better to ask a forum specifically excluding me and my like, more Club-like minded people who are happy to pay a premium specifically to be in a related but non-Holden Commodore club?
Of course members will agree you are most welcome to ask us here about your car because yes it is actually a Commodore with some bits and lots of badges, but for the value equation that justifies the existence of HSV I think is worth asking same on hsvforum.com.au

Dane80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTSR
OP see there’s a subtlety here, an HSV claims to be both Holden and another thing altogether. A deliberately different club, where you won’t hear mention of the word Commodore.
This particular forum is Just Commodores and is somewhat inclusive but perhaps you would do better to ask a forum specifically excluding me and my like, more Club-like minded people who are happy to pay a premium specifically to be in a related but non-Holden Commodore club?
Of course members will agree you are most welcome to ask us here about your car because yes it is actually a Commodore with some bits and lots of badges, but for the value equation that justifies the existence of HSV I think is worth asking same on hsvforum.com.au

I would but combination of cbf and that site is rubbish