Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good deal for a gts r

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
OP see there’s a subtlety here, an HSV claims to be both Holden and another thing altogether. A deliberately different club, where you won’t hear mention of the word Commodore.
This particular forum is Just Commodores and is somewhat inclusive but perhaps you would do better to ask a forum specifically excluding me and my like, more Club-like minded people who are happy to pay a premium specifically to be in a related but non-Holden Commodore club?
Of course members will agree you are most welcome to ask us here about your car because yes it is actually a Commodore with some bits and lots of badges, but for the value equation that justifies the existence of HSV I think is worth asking same on hsvforum.com.au

The rego papers for my VE Clubsport say:

Make - HOL
Model - COMMODO

I'd be interested to know if other HSV owners have the same on their rego.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Same as yours, Commodore with bits stuck on by HSV

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
I’m about to put a deposit down on a gtsr that someone has backed out on...

Manual
Light my fire orange
Spare wheel
Black/suade gear knob
Paint and interior protection
Tinted windows
Car cover
Boot liner

Brand new with basically no kms and not many manuals around
$124 000

Do you guys think this is a good deal??

in a word NO, the car is now 17 plated, the people that really wanted them and were happy to pay for the privilege have got them, HSV in there greed have over supplied the model now the dealers will have to try a lot harder the $124 000 to sell them.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
The rego papers for my VE Clubsport say:

Make - HOL
Model - COMMODO

I'd be interested to know if other HSV owners have the same on their rego
Not ever nor likely to be one in the elitist Holden wank club, but twice been pulled up and, presumably to add salt to the wound, ticketed as (an old fart in) an HSV.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Not ever nor likely to be one in the elitist Holden wank club, but twice been pulled up and, presumably to add salt to the wound, ticketed as (an old fart in) an HSV.

I'm just pointing out that the rego authorities seem to see them as just tarted up Commodores even if their owners can't accept it.

Dane80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTSR
I agree it is a commodore, if it’s the same car why do you hate them so much?

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Doesn’t seem like you ^^ two blokes have built a car from scratch else you would know the pissy value of a limited edition badge.
The marque and the stickers, knowing the difference separates the clever battler and ridiculousness of people who pay through the nose just so they can say they own(ed) one.
SS brought up to spec is always going to win vs McRoyale with Cheese.

Part of buying a car (especially cars in this class) is the badge factor. Yes, a $130k HSV is a modified version of a $65k Holden. One could say the same thing about a Merc C63 as opposed to a base model C class, where the price gap is even greater. i could theoretically modify a Merc C250 to be quicker, better looking, better handling, etc than a C63, but at the end of the day it's still a C250.

The guy who buys a GTSR or C63 also buys it because it has HSV or AMG badge on the boot. It's been that way since Jesus was a child :)

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL

Says the founding member of the "E85, VVT, hi-comp, rebuild my engine different to everyone else cause I know better" wank club. You're having a go at the OP for wanting to spend his hard earned coin on what you believe to be a waste of money, but how much have you spent on yours? Most on here would probably think that was a waste of money, pumping cash into rebuilding a motor that'll be in a high km Commodore just to save a few litres per hundred on the highway, when a petrol V8 anything would be at the bottom of the list of anyone travelling long distances on a regular basis.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Part of buying a car (especially cars in this class) is the badge factor. Yes, a $130k HSV is a modified version of a $65k Holden. One could say the same thing about a Merc C63 as opposed to a base model C class, where the price gap is even greater. i could theoretically modify a Merc C250 to be quicker, better looking, better handling, etc than a C63, but at the end of the day it's still a C250.

The guy who buys a GTSR or C63 also buys it because it has HSV or AMG badge on the boot. It's been that way since Jesus was a child :)

One difference between the AMG and the HSV is a C63 has longer chassis rails and a different track to the MB models and the front panels and bonnet are not interchangeable, nor will the rims fit where a HSV uses the basic underpinnings of the Commodore.

And that's before you get to what is needed to fit all the go fast and bling bits where some HSV models share a lot of driveline componentry with a Commodore.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I agree it is a commodore, if it’s the same car why do you hate them so much?
Because the modifications he's made to his cars cost him a helluva lot less than the modifications the HSV people make to HSV cars, and he's got at least the same performance while having few other other tangible downsides (MRC being the only one I can think of with the few seconds I've put into it).

Oh, and also because someone buying an HSV is able to buy fuel at more than 10 servo's nation-wide. :D