Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good deal for a gts r

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Dane80, Feb 12, 2018.

1. panhead

panhead Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Cars
    The panel gaps are poor, it just needs work to get that bonnet sitting right and she should be good to go.

2. monstar

monstar Naturally as-pirated

Members Ride:
    Peugeot 207 GTi
    Capital depreciation is not the main or only write-off, clearly.
    No I think the stocko stickered LS3 with brakes and suspension is less risk all round for sure. Just not prudent for someone who actually drives their car a bit to pay $200k over the Pearl for pool room muse / garage queen.
    Yeah and I’d sell it and build a car park full of Black Pearls, sell to clever people who see the value of low emission high powered non-awd Aussie Sportwagon. Maybe then I could stop slogging ma guts out making wine nobody appreciates!
    I think it’s same reason underpinning the dumbing down of component spec and shop tuning practice, it has to be a simple proposition like A, B, or C else a+b+c. The other factor is the KPI(s) are useless one number - hp at peak, maybe some mention of manners, idle, not so much consumption and waste.
    To me what sets my car apart from sexy aftermarket FBO cam and tune combos is that they are not meant to be and are hardly driven daily, relegated as an expensive V8 CO2 generator project hardly practical for commercial / family use in traffic.
    Anyways for me is ideal, not my only car just the one I wanted to build.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    426Cuda likes this.
  3. Sabbath'

Sabbath' Redblock Jesus

Members Ride:
    80 Series// MK5 GTi//
    Bonnet's popped in that pic so i dont have to keep opening and closing the drivers door to open it.

4. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Is that a challenge ???????

5. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    Hmm, I can’t see that photo on this iPad ... but I’m still interested!
    30 years old & not metallic paint you say; well, that means it was probably made in Australia ... back when we made cars here, cars like our beloved deceased Commodores ...

6. Sabbath'

Sabbath' Redblock Jesus

Members Ride:
    80 Series// MK5 GTi//
    Swedish built, May '87. It's a foreign invader ;)

7. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    Cool beans. Well, ahem, that was reserved for a gnarly old sea dog, whose bark is far worse than his bite.
    I think what you've done with the old tub is awesome. Just like I think the GTSR & W1 are awesome. Even my shitty "pool room muse. garage queen sticker pack". The same one I had sideways bouncing off limiter last weekend, despite not having the stock int rockers replaced yet. BTW, I was driving it, and it wasn't in the garage, nor the pool room at tge time. I own it for the sheer enjoyment. Driving and viewing pleasure. It gives me a mechanical grade, hight lift, double pumper, long stroke, big bore hard on, either way. Just look at those gleaming jizzy clean exhaust tips :D. All awesome for very different reasons. But awesome nonetheless.
    There is one aspect of the Pearl I'm not a fan of. Well, based on the vids anyway. The exhaust note. It sounds farty at idle and has a rasp at revs like a screaming banshee with a throat infection. Probably a symptom of that bastardised 2 smoke, expansion chamber exhaust thingy you have hanging off it. Does it sound any better in real life?
    Re depreciation and write offs. Um, just stick to what you know, leave the accounting to the bean counters. Lol
    Out of interest, did you consider buying say an L99, LT1 or LT4 crate engine? Rather than cramming all those goodies into the old L77?

8. monstar

monstar Naturally as-pirated

Members Ride:
    Peugeot 207 GTi
    Leave it alone, fark! Why would someone park put a stocko $60k sticker pack in their pool room (unless you are into stickers, stoppers and suspenders). I was referring to the facelift plastic no-go showboat that is the charge-you-double GTS-R.
    Asset depreciation - been in business three decades, yeah is not science more records compliance, happy to leave to someone else. Bought below luxury limit FY18 now year 7 of 8 prime cost. Repairs and maintenance weigh heavier than asset depreciation, both pale vs say spillage and ullage.
    The thing about all VE and VFI is that the exhaust has to be noise compliant at 82db +/- 5db at any roadside check nationally. Fines vary but in Vic for example is around $600 for driving it, $600 for owning it, and $600 for installing it. There are other penalties and fines including impounding the car, depends on how you handle it.
    VFII looks to plod like a late model Commie, all worth checking if only to pull over and go through the entire car / your underpants to find something worth reporting.
    I crafted the pipes pretty much like the NASCAR/ V8 supercar but tuned for much larger range. Also attenuated the cabin exhaust note with about a dozen iterations for long haul daily driving, not to impress the local tribe with blats from Baillie tips up Baylis Street.
    L99 is same, different bore. Thing would need pistons and rods, accessories etc, so net difference in swapping would be a bigger bore. Nup.
    Yes I did consider the LT1 and eight speed combo for $20k, but managing two ecu and harness cost on top is still in too hard basket. Then would need tear down, forged bits too. Easier implanting valvetrain then main diff is super injection. That’s a whole other green field for hardcore Chev experts.
    Stock LT1 makes 345 kW cost me about $30k inc trans, L77 with custom treatment (core already paid for) cost $10k to make 450 kW.
    LT4 is not really an option considering it is opposite of what I’ve built in many ways inc price, consumption, friction, power delivery, shipping, conversion, compliance, and lack of expertise in the aftermarket / tuning to get near where I’m at.

9. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    Roger.
    Edit.
    Over and out.

@Dane80 did you make a decision yet? Sorry if I've missed a post.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  10. Dane80

Dane80 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF GTSR
    Went to another dealer...wants 12k more because it’s a different colour blah blah blah...it’s rare blah blah blah...the last of the v8’s blah blah blah...could sell it 10 times over for 150k blah blah blah...you won’t see them once they are sold blah blah blah...they can keep it, not paying more just for a different colour...these guys are peddling that these things are going to go up in price etc when there is nothing to suggest that at all and they leave out the part that a component of the sale is lct and still justify inflated prices...these guys are so full of it...highway robbery imo...

426Cuda likes this.
  11. Dane80

Dane80 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF GTSR
    Yeah I backed out...I really want one but I’m going to wait...these dealers try charge 10’s of thousands more if it is a different colour or is manual compared to automatic ...example the orange manual one 124k...grey manual 138k (exactly the same car except for colour)...pretty much any colour auto 116-119k fully optioned...these guys are praying on people with the bullcrap that “these cars will go up in value” line...every dealer I go to...we shall see how much they are in 1-2years...not 200k like one idiot dealer tried to tell me...keep your 17 plated car that you claim people are breaking down the door to get their hands on because it rare...there’s none left etc etc lol...there are about 170 on carsales

426Cuda likes this.
  12. vc commodore

vc commodore Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vc commodore
    In all seriousness, no one can predict whether they will rise in value and if they do, when it will occur...

Value rising with cars depend on the scarcity of options with that particular model car, the colour desirability, availibility of the car down the track and the desirability of the car down the track amongst a few other things....

If we could all predict the future, in this area, we could plan our retirement around purchasing a car right now, but unfortunately it is impossible

VS 5.0 likes this.
  13. PeteSS

PeteSS Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Series 2 SSV Redline
    Blinded by the raw power :p

Was only when driving it day to day when i woke up

426Cuda likes this.
  14. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
    Have you thought about swapping the cam for a more suitable one and a decent tune? Would probably transform the car and make it more enjoyable to drive

15. PeteSS

PeteSS Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Series 2 SSV Redline
    yeah, if we end up keeping it that's the plan

16. blackve76

blackve76 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6