Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good deal for a gts r

Dane80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTSR
Roger.
Edit.
Over and out.

@Dane80 did you make a decision yet? Sorry if I've missed a post.

Yeah I backed out...I really want one but I’m going to wait...these dealers try charge 10’s of thousands more if it is a different colour or is manual compared to automatic ...example the orange manual one 124k...grey manual 138k (exactly the same car except for colour)...pretty much any colour auto 116-119k fully optioned...these guys are praying on people with the bullcrap that “these cars will go up in value” line...every dealer I go to...we shall see how much they are in 1-2years...not 200k like one idiot dealer tried to tell me...keep your 17 plated car that you claim people are breaking down the door to get their hands on because it rare...there’s none left etc etc lol...there are about 170 on carsales

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah I backed out...I really want one but I’m going to wait...these dealers try charge 10’s of thousands more if it is a different colour or is manual compared to automatic ...example the orange manual one 124k...grey manual 138k (exactly the same car except for colour)...pretty much any colour auto 116-119k fully optioned...these guys are praying on people with the bullcrap that “these cars will go up in value” line...every dealer I go to...we shall see how much they are in 1-2years...not 200k like one idiot dealer tried to tell me...keep your 17 plated car that you claim people are breaking down the door to get their hands on because it rare...there’s none left etc etc lol...there are about 170 on carsales

In all seriousness, no one can predict whether they will rise in value and if they do, when it will occur...

Value rising with cars depend on the scarcity of options with that particular model car, the colour desirability, availibility of the car down the track and the desirability of the car down the track amongst a few other things....

If we could all predict the future, in this area, we could plan our retirement around purchasing a car right now, but unfortunately it is impossible

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Please don't be offended mate, that's not my intention, but why did you buy it in the first place? Did you drive it before you bought it? Seems like you could have noticed it didn't drive well and realised only one aspect was upgraded likely leading to a sense of imbalance prior to purchase.

Blinded by the raw power :p

Was only when driving it day to day when i woke up

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Blinded by the raw power :p

Was only when driving it day to day when i woke up

Have you thought about swapping the cam for a more suitable one and a decent tune? Would probably transform the car and make it more enjoyable to drive

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
yeah, if we end up keeping it that's the plan