Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good deal?

Malus

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Maloo
I've been to my local holden dealer and I'm looking at a Jan 09 plate SS ute 6 speed manual and Karma metalic paint. Balance of 2 years 10months warranty.
Its a ex demo and done 2700k's. I got them down to $32990 drive away.
Just wondering if this is a good price, for a car that is still practically brand new or should I shop around a little?

Last edited:

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
that my friend is a cheap ute!!!! buy it buy it buy it

as for buying a new ve sv6 manual ute for 32,990, go ahead and try it. my mate and i ordered ours together in mid january, (14th i think) and have been told they will be built on the 15th of this month (was meant to be 28th of last)

also, when you order one, due to no stock of those sv6's atm, and they fact they may not be delivered before the deal is over, no prices are guaranteed. buying a new car sucks atm. we paid for ours the day we ordered them. promised a month tops. hope holden is reading this, hurry the **** up you moron's.

all i ordered was a white ve sv6 manual ute, and my mates is same but in voodoo. rediculous. we didn't even get one option on either of them. if we had known it was gunna be this long, would have bought xr6's.

basically, ute's atm are hot property s/c hand, due to lack of new ones available short term. snap that one up buddy

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
I've been to my local holden dealer and I'm looking at a Jan 09 plate SS ute ^ speed manual and Karma metalic paint. Balance of 2 years 10months warranty.
Its a ex demo and done 2700k's. I got them down to $32990 drive away.
Just wondering if this is a good price, for a car that is still practically brand new or should I shop around a little?

I would say that was a good deal for an SS... although i have been known to be wrong in the past............... many times :whistling
Look around and see what comparable utes are going for,

Malus

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Maloo
Cheers guys,
Not interested in a SV6, i've been dealing with a RB30ET and a L67 for the last 5 years. Time for a change to something that can actually bring a smile to my face :D
The ute is flawless, plus they will give it a full detail once im ready to pick it up.

I hadn't seen a SS ute in this colour before this one.

Sorry for the crappy phone quality pics.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
for a 09 model vehicle i recon take it my mate last yeah was looking for a calias and he managed to find a 06 model with 15,000kms on it and it was in great condition for $35,000 so the fact this is a 09 model and its such a low price with only 2700kms i think its a great deal

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
And also the utes have good resale value due to if someone were to purchase a brand new one, it would take a few months for it to be manufactured and ready to pick up so potential customers are leaning towards second hand as they are readily available.

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
its an ex demo.. u know what u do to a demo car.. flog the sh*i outa it. this car has probly done 2700 kms flat stick lol... getting flogged out before its even broken in. thats all i would worry about. otha then that. its a cheap ute =] got leather???

Malus

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Maloo
No leather, just a stock ss :(
I officially take ownership wednesday next week.
I'm considering a k&n filter and a 2.5" exhaust within the first week. Plus Im also considering lowering it. What hieght kings springs would take the arches down to just above the tyres, SL or SSL?