Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is this a good price??

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
hey guys, a mate has offered me his vy storm as he now has a work uterus. its in great condition with 66 k's on the clock.

his asking 20k for it?? i have no idea about the prices of the vy vz range, so any help would be great.

1 more thing those twin pod gauges for the dash, is there much work in hooking them up to oil pressure etc? would there be a factory loom for 12v's and all that?

cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm not sure about the price, mabye a bit on the expensive side.
The binnacles are a bit of a job, i did mine aftermarket myself, took a bit of doing so if you want any help, pm me!

S

steve_sarge

From what I've seen, you can pay anything between $21k - $30k depending on quality and whether or not it is a show stopper. Based on the kilometres of the ute, I would consider it a fair price (Obviously open to price negotiation) and the next thing I would be considering is the fact that you are still eligible for some remaining factory warranty (providing it is an '04 ute)

Is your mate one that flogs his car into the ground???? Does the car come with full service history???

I am not making any implications as to the personality of your mate or his vehicle keeping habits, but in my opinion, I have a mate that I would buy a car from at the drop of a hat because it would be better than when he purchased it from the factory, then there are the less desirable mates of mine that are a little TOO carefree for my liking.

have a quick look HERE and compare prices.

There are the fors and againsts in the purchase of any vehicle and sometimes is better to buy the "devil you know" rather than the one you don't.

Good luck with your purchase and I hope it will treat you well

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
thanks for the help guys. the ute has never been flogged, just highway driving to and from work. im pretty confident with the condition of the car, always serviced, and it still has warranty remaining. had a look at a few prices pretty close to the mark, but one thing they didnt have was factory hard top, which i need for lock-up of tools.

so i think if i can get it for $18500-$19000 i'll be taking it, with the leftova cash goin to suspension, 19's

any other thoughts, helping me decide.

cheers