Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good Price?

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
mate i just got rid of 1 10" version of that sub, now if im correct the Pic you are showing is also a 10". These Subs hammer, just makesure that ur mate hasn't been thrashing them, and if he hasn't i highly recommend you buy them

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The pic he is showing is the 12" version. 305 refers to 30cm which is about 12". The 10" was a 255.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
BeastVS said:
Hmmmm they look ok but i just have a thing against pioneer subs. Had one before and it sounded like someone hitting a cardboard box with a mallet. This may be a better one though

did u have some sorta stuffing (not sure exactly wat its called.... fluffy stuff hahaha) inside ur sub box??? 2 break up the sound rebounding just off the walls of the box?? could b y it sounded like cardboard lol

jds303

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VS EXEC S2
that stuffing is used to trick the enclosure into thinking it is larger than it actually is. essentially, it adds volume to the box. im not sure if it would affect the sound of the woofer in a negative manner.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
If you listen to a sub with and without the "dacron", you won't hear a difference. I've added it to heaps of boxes and they sound the same afterwards.

Dacron is the white fluffy stuff.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
true well wen i didnt use it my sub kinda sounded....... hollow if thats the word but since i used it the bass sounds more crisp (basey) and clear? mayb its was just mine hahaha who knows.....

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
wrx884 said:
true well wen i didnt use it my sub kinda sounded....... hollow if thats the word but since i used it the bass sounds more crisp (basey) and clear? mayb its was just mine hahaha who knows.....
Could be the wax in your ears,this could be detrimental to the sound of your sub,cotton buds could be the answer.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
beeks said:
Could be the wax in your ears,this could be detrimental to the sound of your sub,cotton buds could be the answer.

hmmm could b but seein as it sounds better now 4 some reason i dont think ur retarded comment would b true................. so get ya hand off it mate pulling ya pud isnt wat u should b doin on here

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
wrx884 said:

Build a better box.