Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this any good?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
They had it installed in a VE, Tap the guard and it is like, well, tapping a guard, tap the door and you can hear that it is solid.. Appears to be a decent product.. They have been using it for years and it appears to work.. Seen their Valiant at summernats a few times and it hasnt been touched deadening wise

wateva.png

Yep, I believe it is q-mat

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
They're just trying to sell it to you over Dynamat because either they don't sell Dynamat or there is more of a mark-up for them on the Mongoose :)

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
They're just trying to sell it to you over Dynamat because either they don't sell Dynamat or there is more of a mark-up for them on the Mongoose :)

They've got and use both there..

He took me into the workshop and showed me the difference between the two (thickness wise)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
It seems your still trying to justify to yourself making a cheaper purchase. Just go with the Dymanatt, how many times does it need to be said in the thread to avoid the cheaper option, and go with the tried and proven.

If you want to do something on the cheap, get a breathing aparatus, take the door off, and begin painting them with tar.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Or just buy the cheap stuff. Think though, Dynamatt is the norm for a reason (well, many reasons)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
difference between dynamat and other brands = pic of chip foose on the cover and the words "DYNAMAT" printed all over it.

adhesion isnt an issue as long as you use a heat gun and roller (or back of a screwdriver/hammer) its just sticky tar. i wasted a TONNE of cash on dynamat, then helped a mate fit some el-cheapo stuff to his HJ and there was zero difference.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
They've got and use both there..

He took me into the workshop and showed me the difference between the two (thickness wise)
They've got you fooled already :rofl2:

Thickness doesn't determine if a deadener is good or not. You need to do some research rather than listen to people who want your money.

difference between dynamat and other brands = pic of chip foose on the cover and the words "DYNAMAT" printed all over it.

adhesion isnt an issue as long as you use a heat gun and roller (or back of a screwdriver/hammer) its just sticky tar. i wasted a TONNE of cash on dynamat, then helped a mate fit some el-cheapo stuff to his HJ and there was zero difference.
Dynamat isn't even tar. You're wrong.

Download and read: Sound_Deadener_Showdown.pdf

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
IS there anyone that has used Mongoose?

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

Dynamat isn't even tar. You're wrong.

Download and read: Sound_Deadener_Showdown.pdf

Excellent article, I found it interesting and informative and find no reason to disbelieve any part of it.

Asphalt is also known as tar or bitumen.

According to the article, Dynamat comes in several types, one is a mix of asphalt and butyl, and the other is butyl only. The butyl only version is more expensive.

You are both right....