Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this Correct ?

D

Darkwander

I have a VT with 2 speakers in front doors , 2 Speakers in Back doors and 2 * 6 * 9 in the Parcel Shelf. I have Kenwood CD / MP3 unit and a Amp and Stacker in the boot.

I want the 2 front speakers and 2 in the parcel shelf running off the Amp and 2 back door running from head Unit.

I hooked up the back doors to the head units and am going to wire the front 2 and parcel 2 to the amp , i have also the wire called "P. Connect" that is running to where the amp is going to be. (Say's in the manual that it connects to power amp or power control Terminal).

Is that correct ? , i dont need to wire the front speakers to the head unit do i unless i want them running from the head instead of the amp.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
If you want the front 2 running of an amp, your going to have to hook them to your amp, then run some RCA cables from your headunit front outputs to the amp. Same thing goes for the rear speakers, basically oyu hook the speakers up to the amp, then run some rca cables from the rear output on the headunit to the amp.

As for the power, usually you run a thicker gauge cable (8" guage is what l used) straight from the battery, with a fuse close to the battery. The p.connect cable might be the remote cable that the amp uses to turn itself on and off, thats the only cable other then RCA's and stacker cable that should be coming from the headunit.

D

Darkwander

Yea , what i want to do is run the front speakers and parcel shelf from the amp and the back door from the Head...

D

Darkwander

KAL SPL said:
Yes small 2mm blue wire from the deck to amp , unless the deck is on the amp wont turn on then.

Yea , it is called "Power control Wire" , i ran that wire from the head to the back to where the amp will be going , and then i was going to join the wires from the front speakers and connect them to the amp. Second time doing a Stereo and last time i did one was about 4 years ago in my VN.. :)