Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this for real...Petrol Prices.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If the price of fuel goes up too much the ACCC will get involved, won't they???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Over here if the price of fuel goes up so does every thing else including food.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
In Queensland we used to see the advertised price for e10 (and wonder who uses that stuff anyway) then mentally add 16 cents per litre for the price of the 98 ron that we actually buy for one of our cars.
More recently we have to add 20 cents to the advertised price.

We put 91ron in the VX.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
In Queensland we used to see the advertised price for e10 (and wonder who uses that stuff anyway) then mentally add 16 cents per litre for the price of the 98 ron that we actually buy for one of our cars.
More recently we have to add 20 cents to the advertised price.

We put 91ron in the VX.
Years ago I was doing over 150kms a day got my cammed sv8 tuned on E10 and loved it personally great fuel if tuned for it. Was running under 10l per 100 AVG.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
4 years ago i was driving 1000km a week. I was on gas and it was still costing me $40 a day. Gas in Tas reached $1.05 a litre when China and Japan had a cold winter driving up demand a few years back.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Do any servo's around the country actually advertise 95/98?
I know of only one in Melbourne that advertises the price of 95...

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I use E85, or, more often, Caltex Flexfuel. I had a tank of United E85 and I noticed that the car had to crank for about 5 seconds before it would start when it was cold. It was fine all other times. I just filled it with the Caltex and it starts great all the time hot or cold. Dunno why that would be.
Also I'm in the NRMA here in NSW. They just brought out a bunch of benefits for members called NRMA Blue. This includes a discount on fuel from 3 to 5 cents per litre on fuel from Caltex. I thought "this is fantastic" but when I went to use it I got no discount! The brochure clearly says Discount on 'all types of fuel'. WTF!!! I rang them and the operator couldn't tell me!
They even had the nerve to charge me an extra 1c on the docket!
For using a fuel that is locally made, from renewable resources and low emissions, I get penalized!
POOR SHOW NRMA AND CALTEX!!!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have just returned from outback Queensland, and the fuel there, avg $1.75 for 98, is cheaper than here on the coast just north of Sydney.
But what I did notice was that my consumption on Puma 98 was worst. 9.3l/100km increased to 9.9, then reduced back to 9.4 when I got back to using BP south of Brisbane.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I use E85, or, more often, Caltex Flexfuel. I had a tank of United E85 and I noticed that the car had to crank for about 5 seconds before it would start when it was cold. It was fine all other times. I just filled it with the Caltex and it starts great all the time hot or cold. Dunno why that would be.
Also I'm in the NRMA here in NSW. They just brought out a bunch of benefits for members called NRMA Blue. This includes a discount on fuel from 3 to 5 cents per litre on fuel from Caltex. I thought "this is fantastic" but when I went to use it I got no discount! The brochure clearly says Discount on 'all types of fuel'. WTF!!! I rang them and the operator couldn't tell me!
They even had the nerve to charge me an extra 1c on the docket!
For using a fuel that is locally made, from renewable resources and low emissions, I get penalized!
POOR SHOW NRMA AND CALTEX!!!
Eflex in einter becomes more like 70/30 mix that's why it starts better also better economy but I run the United as tuned for 85