Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this my starter motor?

D

dave.b

first time it happened was yesterday, drove to work left the car parked for 4 or so hours, jumped in and the thing didnt start/ didnt even make a noise of any kind when trying to start it, then after about 5 mins of tryin it finally did, then again in the afternoon it did it again but made like an electrical antenna noise when on reds n nothing when trying to start it, but yet again like 10 mins later of tryin it started like nothing was wrong?? wats the go there?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Would most likely be the solinoid in the starter motor....Wack it with a spanner it will normally let it start up once she has had a good wack....

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
sounds like your CAS is on the way out. mine did similar thing.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
not a noise at all??? ..... can u hear the fuel pump goin? Might be ya starter. When my CAS went it didnt do that. It stalled when i was driving the car. Just after it did it about 20 or so times it finally didnt start up again.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Could be alot of things I guess. Check out whats been suggested above, I'm not sure how the auto's work but if you give it a jiggle while you try to turn the car on, its worth a try.