Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this normal..

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
For front springs to sit like this, with the coils literally touching each other?? I tried comparing the left front but I don't think it's as bad ill have to have a better look.. My rears are like that, but I never noticed the front was.

When I go over speed bumps or a pot hole, there is a slight rattle in the front right hand side as of the last few days.. I thought maybe the shock had come loose in the strut, but everything seems to be in tact.. Sway bars etc. Bushes are a little worn but not to make a rattle noise like that.. It's not a clunking noise, just a rattle like something is loose... Any ideas? Could it be the spring has sagged?

Cheers

Sab

Attachments

• vn.jpg
    vn.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 206

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
ummm wtf??? definately not sposed to sit like that brin...

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
no definately not... if the coils sit on top of each other then there is no suspension travel...

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha i dont think that would be enough to do it... i have no idea how this woulda happened unless the previous owner got the springs compressed and went overboard with it

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
i dont think they sat like that before, thats all :|

although lately i have been literally throwing myself onto the bonnet so it'd click shut.... fifty kilo been thrown on it 3 or 4 times in a row?? you sure.... lol

you see, the rear passenger spark plug lead likes to come loose, so i hear it miss and gotta pull over and reconnect it.. darned thing. yes, my car is a bomb.

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha 50kegs??? hardly gunna budge it :p ... just noticed ur from liverpool... i was born there :p grew up mostly in c'town

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
but i did throw myself on there quite a few times. actually several times. also whilst i had her jacked up yesterday trying to find out where the jingling noise was coming from....

been in liverpool since 2000. absolute shite hole :p im at my other halfs at campbelltown now... campbelltown hasnt changed, i dont know which is better haha.