Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is this possible?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ok, this is gunna sound pretty fooked up (as with most of my posts) but here goes...

ok... imagine this... youve got a deck with 3 preouts. one preout is running to a 2 channel amp thats driving the front speakers and the other 2 each have a single channel amp. now would it all be possible to wire it up so coming out of the single channel amp you have a cross-over which is going to a sub and a 2 way 4" speaker...? would it just sound like a giant set of splits? or am i tripping out and coming up with totally whacked out ideas?

i think the second one is an option cos i had a big weekend...

if you dont get me look at the shotty picture i just whipped up in paint brush!

[voice=cletus]hey ma! come look at me pretty picture[/voice]

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Get a 4 chan and run the fronts and the non subs with it, get 2 2 chan amps bridge them and run the subs off the left over preout(s) if its like I think it is, do some criss corssern with some streetwire and ya should be sweet.

There really isn't a need for the crossovers. The amps filters x-overs etc, should be ample.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
that is one complicated way to do it, i would have never thought of doing something so hard

cheers

scott