Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this quote resonable?

akust0m

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT II SS LS1
I have been quoted approx. $1200 to prep, spray (2 tone) and fit a gto fiberglass kit to a vt. Provided there is little extra work needed. Is this reasonable?

sm00th

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
Yeah thats pretty good

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
i doubt that they're going to play around with the fitment too much for $1200.
thats basically the price for prime, rub, paint and fit it to the car unless they're using cheap as #### materials instead of half decent ****.
fibreglass kits are rubbish imo, they never fit right or look right unless you spend some time on them.

keen to see a pic when its done too..

akust0m

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT II SS LS1
Thanks for the replies guys. He said it would be $1200 without much "extra" work done. If they needed to stuff around with getting it to fit right it could be like $1500 instead. I haven't bought the kit yet, but it the gto vt fiberglass kit on ebay for $660. If i go ahead with it I will definitely post pictures on here...

akust0m

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT II SS LS1
Hmm I'm not so sure anymore, some of the negative comments on the account are saying how thin and flimsy they are.

My front s bar is in need of repair or replacement.

Maybe I should just go with a genuine SS front bar.

Where can I get these from?

Your opinion... : Would having a hsv gto front bar on only with two tone colour (white, grey highlights) look strange with the stock vt s kit? If so, what about if it was all white?

Last edited:

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
genuine ss kit all the way mate but thats just my opinion

if you have the cash get a vx ss kit and lights instead, they look alot better..

but.... a vt clubby kit is the best it for a vt.
they do come up from time to time so you have to be prepared to wait if thats what you want

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
if its from the seller street-commodore (by the looks of it thats who it is) don't even bother.i had to fit and paint a vz kit made for a vr for a kid here in town.and i tell you what never again!!! it took me over a month to get the kit on.the rear bumper was absolute **** with the sides curled in something shocking i had to set it up on a jig,split the sides in about 4 places and reinforce with fibreglass.then i had to urethane the bumber to the car and hold it on with heaps of screws til the urethane set.then i had to repair the screw holes with the bumper on the car which wasn't easy trying not to scratch the quarters.the whole front bar had to be reinforced as it was about as thick as paper.the side skirts didn't even fit as they were for a vt!!i had to prime and paint the bars on the car which isn't fun!!! so just a word of advice mate,for them to fit and paint this kit will cost you more than your car itself.they are just absolute rubish kits that aren't worth anything but headaches and an empty wallet!!!

hope this helps,cheers

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
listen to this ####, he knows what the deal is...

i hate glass with a passion, cheap nasty ****

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
it forever cracks so you will always be fixing it.back bumpers always get cracks from stones flicking up onto the inside of it.try getting a factory kit then you will have no problems mate

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
dont go to xxx bodykits if youre in the southeast. lol
sooooooo bad