Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this worth tuning...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
they wouldn't.

as they stated unless the modification caused the accident (eg you chopped your springs and ruined the handling/braking etc) then there is no issue.
That's what suprises me. Technically dyno tune might not be legal in terms of emissions...yet they seem happy to cover it without proof that is within legal limits...

In saying that there a heaps of cars with Walkinshaw pack on them the insurance companies happily insure...

Guide below shows that CAI are fine and don't need certification...but it gets murky when emissions are questioned

Attachments

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
That's what suprises me. Technically dyno tune might not be legal in terms of emissions...yet they seem happy to cover it without proof that is within legal limits...

In saying that there a heaps of cars with Walkinshaw pack on them the insurance companies happily insure...

Guide below shows that CAI are fine and don't need certification...but it gets murky when emissions are questioned
you're overthinking it.

it's like trying to say a CAI would void your warranty. no they cannot legally void your warranty unless the CAI caused the issue. they can TRY but good luck!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Decided not to go ahead with this as I think I can better spend a grand elsewhere at this point in time...

Part of the reason is also the legality of this, so while I am with NRMA I am not going to do it. If I switch to Shannons I will reconsider again as they don't seem to have an issue with this....

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Still recon go the diff , probably could do it yourself with no legal problems and easily reversible and resell the diff

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Decided not to go ahead with this as I think I can better spend a grand elsewhere at this point in time...

Part of the reason is also the legality of this, so while I am with NRMA I am not going to do it. If I switch to Shannons I will reconsider again as they don't seem to have an issue with this....
Just have it maf tuned and keep your stock intake then. Still awesome gains to be had. Diff gears and histall first though.