Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this wrong?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well i have taken a sick day today because i am finding out if i am getting a new job. If i get it, i need to go in therre this afternoon for a medical etc.

Do you think it is wrong to take a sick day for this reason? I would like ot mention the only reason i am looking for another job is because i am sick of having far too high a workload and not enough pay, there are also a few other reasons, one of them being a $300-$400 per week payrise.

Let me know what your thoughts are, i know business owners would be pissed...but :)

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Do you think it is wrong to take a sick day for this reason?
of course not :D
personally i'd rather have a sickie when i'm NOT sick anyway so i can enjoy the day :)
good luck anyway

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Nope. Not wrong..

Your company has their best interests in mind and you have yours.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Of course it is wrong, but as an aussie its your god given right- no duty to take sick leave at anytime you so choose (just so long as you aren't actually crook:dance:

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
If im correct, your an emplyee at bunnings, do it, they dont really need you at that place, they have more people to replace you, employees at bunnigns are just pawns to them, easily replaceable and no real loss. But your not wrong in any way at all anyway, no matter where you work

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Doctor Sodways said:
If im correct, your an emplyee at bunnings, do it, they dont really need you at that place, they have more people to replace you, employees at bunnigns are just pawns to them, easily replaceable and no real loss. But your not wrong in any way at all anyway, no matter where you work

lol bunnings?

Nah, i work for an interstate transport company(which has just merged), my workload has doubled, my pay hasn't risen etc..

Julie, i agree it isn't right, but how else do you do it when they flat out refuse you an annual leave day?

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
man makes a good point.... technically it is wrong, but would they rather you not call in and just not turn up? or say to them while your there....'oh i need to leave at this given time so i can go to a job interview'.... they dont really leave you much option, so i wouldnt feel bad about it. take solice in the fact that youve done the right thing morally by making sure you can do your **** without fuking your boss over....nobody loses

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Hopefully when you have the day off someone higher up has to do your job. That way they will see how much work you have been doing for stuff all pay. Most people go to work even when they are sick so I would say that they owe you a couple of days anyway.
Good luck on the new job.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
dont ask dont tell ^_^ the trick it to save the "**** it" days for when not even winning the lottery could get you into work, hd a couple with ym last job. was dieing to get out anyway.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Will they still pay you for sick days under the new workplace agreements ?....LOL