Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is tuning for fuel worth it?

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
hi all,

just thinking about going and getting my car tuned to run on 98RON, what i really want to know is, is it worth it? do you notice any differance in econemy? do you notice any differance in power? does the car run smoother?

what are your thoughts on this?

cheers all:thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
on a 5.0 litre that is stock i wouldnt waste your time or money, it wont give you any real gains.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
on a 5.0 litre that is stock i wouldnt waste your time or money, it wont give you any real gains.

no worrie then, what about a 195 as they had some stuff put in them (wouldn't know what but i know one is a roller cam or rocker?) and i've also done cold air and full exhaust, would that cause it to give a decent gain or do i have to sorta go full out with mods before it will show any affect?

cheers

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
dont know if its a valid point but my vn v6 is stock besides shift kit bigger diff gears cold air and exhaust it loves the ethanol fuel 95 or 98 oct but on reg unleaded it goes sluggy but i always make a point to do 2 tank of eth 1 tank of reg to burn all the sugars off and my mech said its never looked cleaner since i started this practice