Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Isky racing cam

2008V8calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Hi guys
The previous owner installed an isky racing cam on my 2008 v8 auto Calais , it's a 224/230 with duel lunati valve springs, I've tried to find out information on this cam and can't really find much info at all, does n e one know much about this cam , and what it's purpose is for ( low, mid or high power )in my stock Calais apart from an OTR n tune. The car makes 276RWKW running a standard exhaust

claydog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SSV
From the VCM range of cams
Need a few more specs on your cam LIFT? LSA? but this is close to your duration @50"
Cam Profile: 225˚ / 232 0.590" 112.5˚
RPM Range:2200-6800.
a heavily split duration camshaft designed with performance street use in mind with strong mid range and high rpm power. Works a treat in Gen3 engines and is appropriate for the performance enthusiast wanting excellent performance without destroying a vehicle’s daily driven potential. Works best with at least 3.46 gears and requires high stall converter in auto applications.
Hope this helps!

2008V8calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Thanks for all that info !! I'm pretty sure my auto does not have a high stall converter. What could happen to it without the stall converter? Do u know the approx cost to get one? I'm in the Brisbane area